RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this here rather than in the recall area, since I didn't see recall postings get put up on the sites main page. I figured this is important and should get some publicity:

If you've had the tranny recall work done (or presumably any engine work done at a shop) *Check your transfer case oil*. I've seen several members now report that after a shop did work, they DIDN'T refill the transfer case, and well, it's causing major problems. Sometimes you can go a couple thousand miles before you notice any problem (which is probably a testament to Yamaha engineering). In my case, the shop that did the work claimed no laibility, but I was able to work with Yamaha customer service to at least get the parts replaced ($750 in damages there), but I still have to pay the labor.

Here's a couple threads:
[url="http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26591>http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26591

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I checked mine and noticed it was low, I had a leak in the winter, but I just tightened up some of the bolts and it sealed the leak, but I didn't think that much leaked out, I guess when there is only so little in there a little leak makes a big difference

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Ive just checked mine in panic after reading recent horror stories.I removed level plug located under the inspection wiwdow plug,with a small allen key,oh sh^t no oil running out.So i lifted the warrior off the stand and stood it up straight,still no oil.So i leant the bike over to the right slightly and bingo i struck oil,much to my relief.Still not 100% convinced i removed the inspection window plug with a large straight edge screw driver and had a look inside the transfer box.I couldn:t see much so i got a small rod and used it like a dip stick,found the oil,sorted.But tommorrow i will get some oil and top it up so that oil runs slightly out of level plug hole when stood up staight.Better safe than sorry. .......FREC......U.K.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Checked mine, found it about half full. Bike is an '02,has about 2600 miles. Went ahead and changed it, since I had no idea what brand of oil was in there, and not really sure how much. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Warpcat thanks, but this will get seen in the recall forum with your other topic just as easily as it will in the general sections. Although you may have personal experience this just isn't so common.
Of 6000+ members here I recall you're the second person to experience this. Thanks for the heads up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts