RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't have one to sell you but this failure is 'A' Typical of some of the aftermarket integrated T/S's :(

There use to be Lots of Press on this Forum of the DIY repair for this particular failure. You'll need some patience, a Dremel tool or equivalent, X-ACTO knife, solder iron & silicone sealant!
You da man Alanh. I'll spend a few moments on the housing. I've found an Amazon assy for $50. If its not worth the repair, I may just pull the trigger on the new unit.

Thanks for the diag input. I'll try the load resistors next to take advantage of the running lights up front.

Cheers brother.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So the COD solution is already done. Its a separate circuit so its a separate fix from the turn signal flash rate. It will not flash because you now have all led's. No where near enough resistance.

When you have all led front and rear turn signals you need to replace the missing electrical-load so the stock flasher can work.

The options:

If you do not care about the stock auto-cancel feature for turn signals (which is a great feature imo) then buy a 12v ELECTRONIC signal relay. It electronically sets the flash rate. But if you forget to turn them off then another driver might pull in front of you expecting you to turn first. Oops.

Or instead get LOAD EQUALIZERS. One for the left and one for the right. They also come as both Load Equalizers inside one enclosure. This replaces missing electrical load so the flasher can flash. Buy based on replacing front and back and you will get a good enough flash rate.
Thanks AZ. Doing the load equalizer next. This should resolve the indicator arrow display issue.

Thank bud!

·
Premium Member
8,869 Posts
I've had this DIY device on my ride since 07/02/07 for approx 25K miles ;)
  • Load Equalizer-Turn Signals
    • Load Equalizer - 30w 2.8 ohm - Front & Rear LED's
      (2) 15w 5.6 ohm resistors wired in parallel with (2) NTE5801 diodes connected to the RH & LH turn signal lights (TS) to prevent feedback through the signal circuit.
      This construction allows the use of one 3-wire device to service both the RH/LH TS.
      The TS have a 50% duty cycle (ON/OFF) so the 30w LEQ is more than ample for the req'd load.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts