RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered up the low and mean chin fairing and the honeycomb screen for my 06 midnight. Im having a problem deciding if I should paint match it to the frame or to the tins? Not sure what would look better so Im asking for youre opinions. Thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
I would normally go with the color of the tins but in your case (being a midnight)-- Go with matching the frame...

The powder coat will blend in and give a silhouette. Gloss Black IMO will look like glossy piece of plastic stuck on as an afterthought.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking the same thing. I want it to appear as direct from the factory.. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats a good point as well. What finish does the fairing come in from low and mean. I know they say gel coat but is it a black gelcoat? And if it is a black gelcoat how will it look against the frame? Sorry for all the question but if i dont ask them to you guys then ill never know. The wealth of knowledge on this site is amazing.

·
Registered
926 Posts
If you look at my gallery you may be able to get a closer look but the flaws probably wont show up. The gel coat is kinda glossy but there were a few scratches on mine. They are not noticable enough for me to paint it. The way I figure, gravel and sand will beat it up enough that I will need to paint it several times anyway. For me, it looks good out of the box for now.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Mine is a little different than antitech's. Mine goes up the frame a bit higher and has 2 more openings. Mine is a Low & Mean. But, right out of the box it looks fine on a midnight.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet bikes!! It does look good out of the box. Ill probably wind up leaving it gelcoated. Matches the midnight nicely.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ruckus. I also have the jugg huggers. Is that a ceramic coat on the pipes or did you high heat spray them? If they are ceramic coated, what did it run you?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts