RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
29,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Portland Oregon area members, theAce Hardware store in Milwaukiekept theirbins of individualchrome automotive and motorcycle fasteners.Their bin racksare about 12' along the wall and 4' tall and they have every chrome fastener in the SAE and Metric lines I could think of, including the M6x25's for the Tach housing with the slightly larger button head ($3.09/ea).

I did a search for Ace and nothing shows up on-line. It seems very rare to find these fasteners locally anymore so here's the contact info in case helpful: Ace Hardware #11075, 15530 SE Mcloughlin Blvd, Milwaukie - (503) 653-2223

With the number ofon-line distributors for chrome fatseners this might just be a last resort. But for local guys its cool.

·
Registered
262 Posts
dude...since, i've taken delivery of my Warrior, I have personally paid the salary of the store manager in fastener purchases...of course, I stay away from the chrome, but, they have them all in Stainless Steel too...Ace kicks H/D and Lowes ass all day long when it comes to fasteners and hard to find hardware.

I love Ace!

·
Registered
429 Posts
+1 got them inthe Ace here in town...I buy the stainless fasteners, chuck them in my drill motor and spin them in a soft rag with a little polish,wenol or semi chrome or meguiar's all metal, and they will shine just like chrome. if U want toremove grade marks,spin them with sand paper first. If you want the brushed look,spin them in red or green scotchbrite. they get hot,that's good....it means U are doing it right.

·
Registered
262 Posts
warriordude said:
+1 got them inthe Ace here in town...I buy the stainless fasteners, chuck them in my drill motor and spin them in a soft rag with a little polish,wenol or semi chrome or meguiar's all metal, and they will shine just like chrome. if U want toremove grade marks,spin them with sand paper first. If you want the brushed look,spin them in red or green scotchbrite. they get hot,that's good....it means U are doing it right.
Great post!...i don't do the shiny thing, but that is awesome info.

·
Administrator
29,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The stainless button head, for example, has a conventional (small) head as was pointed out to me a few months ago. They shine up great but still have a small head. This Ace had the M6x25 bolts for the Tachthat have the larger diameter button head, andin chrome, which drove home for me how great the selection was, right there in front of me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts