RS Warrior Forum banner

Chrome Rims

2K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  jaytee 
#1 ·
I have a 06 red warrior which I think would look great with some chrome rims. My delema is weather to go and get my stock rims exchanged with some chrome ones now or save my money and get the chrome 240 much later! It would be a easy decission if the 240 was cheaper but unless the price comes down, it maybe a long wait. What do you all think??

#2 ·
I say get the stock chromed now and then when you want to get the 240 kit, sell them on ebay or in here. They would probably sell quick! And then you would have extra money toward your 240 purchase! Just my opinion! It seems to me that you wouldn't get Jack out of your stock wheels(unchromed), so you invest a little into them now and make them sellable for later?????

#8 ·
quote:Originally posted by coreshot

I always look at what my final vision for the bike is, and work towards it. If you wanna be a FatBastard, put the money for the chrome rim away and work towards that, it'll come much sooner.

I agree, I was thiiiiiiis close to going 240 or 260 this year but decided to polish the stockers, mod some other stuff, then go 240 next fall. Good luck with the decision......it was burnin' me inside for a while[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

#9 ·
Argh!!! You are not the only one man, I want chrome wheels I can taste it...but on the other hand I want a 240 even worse...hard to save the money when your lookin at $700 or so today or $3k a year or so from now. The way I look at it, That $700 is a good start to my goal....My .02

#15 ·
quote:Originally posted by DragonRider

Where the **** can you get the stock finish 240 keit for 1200 bucks?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Road-Star-Roadstar-Warrior-240-kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35601QQitemZ200084235727QQrdZ1
The above ebay link has a buy it now price of $1295, but doesn't include a tire.

If you piece together a kit yourself, you can go with Kosman Specialties to widen your stock wheel. They charge $595. Cycle Image has on their website a listing for modifying a stock swing arm to fit a 240 for $335, but I believe it is now $400 or $450. Performance Edge has on Ebay swing arm modification for the Warrior for $475. Now, that just leaves a tire, and you can find that for $200. So, $595 + $450+ $200 = Approximately $1200.

I went the DIY route, and got my wheel from Kosman($595), modified my own swing arm($30), and went with a Dunlop 240($135).

#18 ·
quote:Originally posted by RaySDF250

I say wait for the chrome 240. How much is it these days to chrome stock rims?

Chromed stock wheels are about $695. If you get the chrome pulley too it about $215 more and a hub for $115. Yes it adds up fast!

DragonRider, I too want it so much that I can taste it. Hope to decide one either way or the other soon.

Thanks all for your input! Hope others will still chime in to show off their chromies. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

#20 ·
quote:Originally posted by kichigai

quote:Originally posted by RaySDF250

I say wait for the chrome 240. How much is it these days to chrome stock rims?

Chromed stock wheels are about $695. If you get the chrome pulley too it about $215 more and a hub for $115. Yes it adds up fast!

DragonRider, I too want it so much that I can taste it. Hope to decide one either way or the other soon.

Thanks all for your input! Hope others will still chime in to show off their chromies. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

I modified my own swingarm, so all I spent for that was $30 (price of the angle grinder). The price of getting my wheel widened was $595, from Kosman Specialties. I purchased a Dunlop Elite 3 240 for $150 installed. You, too can tackle this mod. So far, total spent is $30 + $595 + $150 = $775. Not much more than chroming your stock wheels. If you don't think you can tackle this mod yourself, Performance Edge will mod your swingarm for $475. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Roadstar-Warrior-240-Swingarm-Road-Star_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35591QQitemZ180079527154QQtcZphoto

If you chrome your rims first, you will need to trade your rear rim in (if a vendor will do that), and still re-chrome your widened rim. Get the stock finish 240, then chrome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.