RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to chrome the front pulley but wasn't sure what all it was ok to chrome. I figured as long as they kept it out of the splines it should be fine. Will it be ok if the teeth are chromed. Thanks for your help. Also I would appreciate some ideas for a pulley nut covers. I have seen a couple but wasn't sure what all could be used.

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
I would not have a problem with a chrome front pulley, many are running a stock rear pulley that has been chromed.

As far as the nut cover that could be a problem. You have to contend with the bend over locking washer. There may be a solution availablenow butwhen I did it about 5 years ago Imachined one for my bike. Its oversize to fit over the tabs & retained with 3 set screws 120* apart. The pulley retaining nut was dimpled on every other flat to accept the set screws.A bit of a PITA but I had to do it for the look I wanted. Here's a pic I have on file, will see if I can find a better one.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I kindof figured it would be alright. Ratphlem has a nut cover of some sort on his. Not sure where it is from. I found someone else with one using the search and he had taken A trippe tree stem nut cover off of a Roadstar and machined it out slightly and added a couple more set screws. I guess I will figure something out. I am going to do the totally exposed pulley and I just dont like the pulley covers.

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Here's a better pic

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I talked to Ratphlem and he is using the chrome nut cover for the triple tree stem on his. I like that solution and will most likely do the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts