RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mostly stoked today as the small box of goodies arrived via USPS.

Took about 3.5 hrs today and prolly another hour tomorrow.

AIS block off plates installed and now I have a pile of extra parts, brackets and bolts.

Went ahead and replaced all 4 spark plugs and cleaned up the top of the motor.

Removed the air box and stuff and installed the new velocity stacks and filters.

Set the CO levels to +5 for each cylinder per Church Key's advise.

I would have been totally stoked today if not for 2 things:
1: It's raining.
2: Didn't have enough time to button it all up.

What I was able to do was get the tank on, minus the side covers.
She started the first try and sounded really good.

Tonight when I get home from work, I'll finish up with the zip ties/securing hoses and wires and such and get the side covers back on.

I do have a question for those that have done this.
On top of the old air box, is a loose piece that has foam on it, basically a pad that sits between the fuel tank and the top of the old air box.
Does it get re-used?

Thanks,

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey RoadWarriors,
I didn’t have a lot of time today and man it’s a nice day to ride but I got all the under the tank stuff cleaned up, including the addition of some red LED’s under the tank frame.
I recon tomorrow I’ll put the tank and side covers on and go for a ride.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Naw the foam is now part of the "extra parts". The VBAK is going to be so noticeable when you take off from the light, all you will hear is that 102 breathing.
Im so looking forward to it.
With the removal of the bazooka muff, AIS and all that air filter silencing stuff, and the addition of the small exhaust tip and the Vbak, Idid start it up yesterday to make sure it all worked, the ground was shaking, windows rattling and that 102 sounded strong.
:)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good! But it looks like that controller thing might be in the way for the gas tank line for the quick connect.
LOLZ .
Wanna hear something funny.
I’m the second owner of this bike and when I bought it from the stealership, the guy told me that there was a LoJack installed, tried using it as a selling point. (Fail)
Well anyways, last night when finishing up, I couldn’t get the tank on, not because of that controller viewed but another part of it, unseen, that was causing the return fuel line and the rear dry break line to stick out on the left side.
So I removed and ditched that whole assembly and got the fuel lines tucked in.

Fuel tank back on with no issues.
Here’s the funny part, when putting the seat back on, I always had to push down with force to get it to lock....
Now, the seat just drops in and locks with no effort.
I was always wondering (scratches head often ) why I had to do that with the seat... Now I know.

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it.
We have the technology.
We have the capability to make the world’s first iconic bike.
My warrior will be that bike.
Better than it was before.
Better
Stronger
Faster

Sorry, my ADD just kicked in.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got some time to take her out for a spin.
Sounds good, throttle response is better, acceleration is stronger and overall she’s faster.

I did however have to turn the idle down after getting back.
That extra fuel and air raised the idle to about 1000 to 1200 rpm’s.
Got her back down to a smooth 700-800.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Nice work ! You`ll love the BAK !!
You may have some stalling issues with your rpm at 700-800.
It should be 850~950 rpm with a warmed up engine.

·
Registered
940 Posts
700-800 is too low! The warrior has a high idle compared to Harley's, it's tempting to set it down low cuz it sounds cool but the engine will never forgive you in the long run.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
850-950
Got it...
Much appreciated...
This is another awesome reason to be a part of this community. Good folks looking out for one another.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts