RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Churchkey is a member and he has put together a VBAK, I believe that stands for "Velocity Big Air Kit". Mine is ordered so I haven't experienced it yet, but from the posts I read it increases horse power and tourque. It is an inexpensive performance mod and replaces the stock air box. I'm anxiously awaiting arrival.

·
Administrator
28,369 Posts
Some guys like the scoops, some don't. If you don't like anything on the sides of your motor then don't waste your money on the "in betweens" just jump straight into a VBAK. Churchkey sells them for less and you get more. Plus its proven (many times over) to pump up the volume. One of these days when I'm tired of intake scoops and chrome I'll go to the VBAK also but for now its scoops for me. I like 'em! [8D]

quote:Originally posted by Wooby

Not to sound like a dip____ but just what the ---- is a Churchkey BAK???

·
Registered
719 Posts
I like em too...so I turned the air box into a glove box. I have a church, it rocks! Alot more power and a really kool sound cumming from under the tank. I still have the chrome on both sides of my bike. Kinda gives a sleeper type image too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just recently installed my Churchkey VBAK. The instructions are good and the install wasn't too bad. You end up removing about 10 pounds of unneeded equipment, the stock air filter and air silencer included. This is replaced with short sections of tubing with two K&N filters. I also installed a PCIII, which should allow for the optimum fuel management to go with the larger volume of air. The shield on the right side of the bike is where the stock air intake was. As mentioned before, some guys have ingeniously created cargo compartments using that box. I am in the process of mounting switches and the components for my LED lights and garage door opener. I am one of those that happens to like the look of the stock covers. --for now!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Get one...it's really worth it. Just added mine yesterday. It's not easy unless you're used to working on motorcycle engines and know a throttle body from an air sensor. I couldn't have done it without a more talented friend (1Warlock, who had one on his). And i kept my chrome boxes on the sides because I like their looks.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I got the barons BAK and it deffinitly increased hp and torque. and it sounds better, you get the intake sound to it. by far the easiest and cheapest mod you can do for the money/outcome ratio. i highly suggest it.

Steve

·
Registered
7 Posts
Churchkey's V-BAK was about $210, or $224 with the AIS blocking plates, which will need some bench grinding to round the edges from a rectangle to an oval shape. It's a lot of bang for the buck. not much cheap about these mods, and this is about the cheapest.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just installed Churchkey's VBAK last Saturday, took about 2.5 - 3 hours including the Baron's AIS removal kit. Fit and quality of components was good. Instructions were fine for those with "bike wrenchology" skills - but could be confusing for those without a clue. It's not rocket science though, and there's plenty of help here if you need it. Not only did it get rid of tons of useless parts, it cleaned up the appearance of the engine by removing the big ugly air cleaner - I kept the AIS cover. I just bumped up the ECU as a PCIII is not in the budget this month.

Bottom line - the VBAK works great, now the engine breathes (I mean it really does "huff & suck") under the tank. Low end grunt is simply incredible. Serious bang for the buck! This mod should be on everyone's list.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was really nervous about doing the V-BAK install. I received the parts Monday night and had to drop my bike off for first service and a custom mapping on Tuesday evening. I am not a mechanic by any means. I do know how to do simple jobs on my car and so forth. I did the entire job including AIS Block-Off in 3 hours. It really is not tough. Just take time to understand what they are talking about. The bike is running really good. Seems more responsive. I get it back tonight (Wednesday). I can't wait to see how the custom map works. Thanks to all on the forum for the directions and reading. And a big Thanks to Woody for a well made product.

·
Registered
69 Posts
quote:Originally posted by daninbham

I was really nervous about doing the V-BAK install. I received the parts Monday night and had to drop my bike off for first service and a custom mapping on Tuesday evening. I am not a mechanic by any means. I do know how to do simple jobs on my car and so forth. I did the entire job including AIS Block-Off in 3 hours. It really is not tough. Just take time to understand what they are talking about. The bike is running really good. Seems more responsive. I get it back tonight (Wednesday). I can't wait to see how the custom map works. Thanks to all on the forum for the directions and reading. And a big Thanks to Woody for a well made product.

+1

1 - 20 of 22 Posts