RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sending out a smoke signal before there is any smoke, but i am just wondering if there are any members in the Twin Cities Metro area that have completed a Churchkey VBAK as well as Akitadog coil relocation? I have both ordered and i am getting my bike delivered on March 6th and will probably start the install process that Saturday. I have heard the instructions are well done and Woody is available, but i am just wondering if there is anyone in the area has done this in case i go into crisis mode and need a knowledgeable hand. I can usually figure things out, but with a new bike to me that i have about 5 miles on the last thing i want to do is really screw it up.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I installed the BAK and had to call Woody with a couple of questions, that the easy thing to do because he knows it up and down. I haven't done the coil relocation yet but it's going to get down in a couple weeks or so I think.
Good luck and take your time, it's not that bad.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
This isn't too bad. You can do both in a weekend if you use Woody's instructions and Redhorse's site:
http://users.adelphia.net/~redhorse/coil_relocation.htm

I did these 2 and AIS block-off over a weekend. Take your time and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I haven't done the plate, but did the VBak and AIS block off in about 8 hours. I have almost no mechanical knowledge and went very, very slowly. You shoudl also do the AIS block off at the same time.

·
Registered
219 Posts
did the vbak, ais plate and coil relocation, started at 11:30 am and end 11:30 pm, it $ucked. but i was doing this while at work, I was pulled away several times. B^)

Haven't felt anything changes to the performance, hopefully that will change, I was rushing to get from full time job to part time and was simply riding from a to b.

I do have a concern about the wire harness, I assumed, there needs to be alot of shifting of the wire harness? I pulled, pry and stretched several thigns to make all the connections. It's a very tight fit, very worried about the wires rubbing, shorting out or being cut by the plate.

Hopefully I can pull the tank saturday and work the harness aagain.

What should I expect from the VBAK kit?

Bike whine up louder now on acceleration...

Any words of encouragment, advice, personal experience?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Upgrade I: VBAK, AIS, COIL-Relocation & Plugs

Just completed the Churchkey VBAK and AIS block-off along with coil relocation and new spark plugs...for a newbie (NEWBIE) this was an excellent learning experience. I've read posts of folks saying these mods should not be tackled if you are new to engine work; however, with a dremel tool and drill press on-hand (and lots of aluminum shrapnel now in the garage), I was able to complete the upgrades in a few evenings. I now have a much better understanding of my (now much lighter) bike and it's operations.

I can't say thank you enough for the help of the prompt and patient Woody (Churchkey), my bike sounds like a beast and once I get the PCIII and pipes completed she will go in for a dynotune...then look out Houston! :cool:

If you decide to tackle everything at one, my only advice:
1) print out the instructions for the AIS and COIL Relocation
2) Don't mix up hoses...
2.1) use a vacuum-rated hose on the LCV (if you decide to keep it for cool morning startups) - not the hose supplied in the VBAK kit.
3) Don't think for a second that all of your electrical will reach - cut the factory wrap, re-route, and wrap it all back up.
4) You will need beer

Thanks again Woody

1 - 7 of 7 Posts