RS Warrior Forum banner

churchkey vbak or PR hi-air flow kit

19K views 50 replies 30 participants last post by  gotgixers 
#1 ·
I just called a place about upgrading my bike and they said that the church kit is worse off then the stock kit and the pr kit is much better. I went to the pr site and it that kit better then church and what about porting the intake. Would that help at all?

#5 ·
Church kit is way better for torque, the PR kit MIGHT give you one extra hp at top end but unless you have extensive internal mods you would never see it anyway. As others have said, go with a VBAK.

#7 ·
thanks guys. I have Churchkey vbak already. I thought that and the v&h 2-1 exhaust was awesome but I wanted to get a 110ci kit and the place was telling me what to do since I wanted to do it in stages. That's when this came up. I really am afraid to say what place I called because they are one of the premier places for fast warriors but probably also want me to buy their intake instead.

#11 ·
I have the dyno sheets from the PR vs V-BAK test done in house by PR on my shop computer.
The V-BAK shows a bit more torque the PR kit shows a bit more HP after 4600 rpm.

IMHO the test mule was not tuned properly the bar graphs are the most jagged I have ever seen on dyno sheets. In addition the A/F shows over 14 to 1 off idle then continues to get richer as the rpm's increase ending somewhere around 12 to 1.

Don't ask me to post the sheets the shop computer is plugged into a 115v wall outlet nothing else.

#15 ·
Churchkey invented his VBAK kit because he's a Warrior rider, he offers it here to members at a significant discount and its not available from other sources so of course they (1) don't know what it is and (2) can't make money by selling it at the higher price. Its okay, its how the world is. The advantage I see with Woody's VBAK installed is the velocity stack tube length settles the airstream far better than the kits with short length. I think in any fair and honest well-tuned comparo that VBAK and both Baron and PR BAK probably deliver similar HP but VBAK certainly wins the TQ battle and that's what this bike is all about.

If you want to retain the stock silencer undertank airbox so motor sounds remain muffled, that's cool too. But the only way to get more air into the motor is to dump that stuff. Even adding K&N's to the stock set-up does little to nothing versus stock.

This bike is no slouch stock. Its a lot happier opened-up but one thing leads to the next and before long you're a mod-a-holic like the rest of us :)

#16 ·
I just added churchkey kit and the intake noise is much louder than stock. Not bad, just more noticaelble. Ivans performance has an.airbox mod that seems good, and is less money although not free flowing as vbak. But for me a major selling point of the V bak kit was to get rid of the **** air box. I would have put the kit on even if it offered no power gains and only an air box delete that's how I feel about that.

#17 ·
Hey y'all. I just bought a warrior earlier this week and I've been looking for more air for my bike. I've looked at hyper chargers tornados you name it I've looked at it and I can't seem to decide which is the best in performance. I stumbled across this Vbak system and seems like exactly what I'm looking for. Can anyone tell me more about it and where do I get one?

#32 ·
Looks good!
Just want to point out the coil wire up against the coil plate edge.
I would add insulation or make sure it doesn't rub against it.

Just switched my Bak over to a Churchkey couldn't be happier

so far i have had a barons bak, Patrick racing, and now churchkey........i cant really leave anything alone i constantly change things!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.