RS Warrior Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks. I love the bike! It's a beast! I'm in Ohio working (couldn't bring my bike) but as soon as I make it home to get my bike and head to Tennessee I will be purchasing the Vbak system. I'm definitely taking the bike with me to Tennessee.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Looks good!
Just want to point out the coil wire up against the coil plate edge.
I would add insulation or make sure it doesn't rub against it.

Just switched my Bak over to a Churchkey couldn't be happier

so far i have had a barons bak, Patrick racing, and now churchkey........i cant really leave anything alone i constantly change things!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Looks good!
Just want to point out the coil wire up against the coil plate edge.
I would add insulation or make sure it doesn't rub against it.

Yup. Need to do the front one too. I'll take care of that when I put the dynatek fusion on it! Plus I noticed after I put it together and took the picture that I had the rear coil on top of the plate. Not the bottom like the other one!!! Doh!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
In Search Of...

Still have the wandering Tach at low speeds and stopped. 500 to 1000 to 1500 to 1000 to 500 to 1500 etc. Not as bad as it was... It was violent before the Cobra Fuel Controller and Lollipops in the Roadburners.

Was told by someone that works on bikes that it really sounds like a leaky Intake Manifold or some leak in the Air Intake.

I think it is that %^&(&* Snorkel. So, it has to go, once and for all.

So, went looking for the under the tank Air Kits.

Got a Barons for $150 online.

Churchkey is hard to find and Patrick's does not take Paypal Credit. Plus, the price was $100 less.
Waiting on it to arrive. Not looking for a performance gain of 2%, looking to fix a Yamaha design error in their dueling Air Boxes crap.

I am mostly in it for the Air Pods mounting directly to the Manifold. I have no great need to move the coils. In the written directions it mentions an Air Sensor that hooks up to the plate. I could do without that I hope... More room under the tank the better is my thought; more room is more air.

I am really hoping not to have to relocate the coils as that is the worst part of the kit.

Also, Baron's does not come with the elbows but they can be scavenged off the bottom of the Air Box with some cutting. 42mm? Plumbing supply store would be easier? I'll find out won't I?

Just hope everything mounts tight and will be looking at that Manifold when I tear into it. Making sure all bolts and clamps are tight on it. (If my fingers can fit and a flashlight can expose any problems!) No Air Leaks must be occurring anywhere!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Churchkeys gives u slightly more torque while Patrick's gives u slightly more HP. Churchkey has dyno results posted somewhere if you use the search tool. They are both good products

21 - 40 of 51 Posts