RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just called Mr. Kurt to list my name and file a complaint on my BEHALF.

Law Offices of Delsack & Associates
Kurt Delsack
1801 Century Park East
Suite 2400
Los Angeles, CA 90067
310-475-1700 (ph)
888-270-0079 (fax)
[email protected]

I urge everybody to contact the law office address above to submit your information, they are currently building a case aganist Yamaha Corp. for the Total Recall they will ask you to fax documents of proof of purchase along with couple of other documents and we should know where we stand in six weeks period, please follow up. We have a real case here.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
keep it coming. Do not give up you rights.

Yamaha - they will through in couple of pieces with limited warranty 90 days and then you are on your own. you can see where are they heading with their quick fix, they want to free them selves from liability with the least damage to them but not you. that is not acceptable.

Do not give up your right.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Email sent as well. Here's what I sent:

Hello Mr. Delsack,

My name is David Morrow (member of rswarrior.com) and I purchased a new 2003 Yamaha Warrior 5 months ago from a dealership here in Fresno CA. I am one of the many that are caught up in this recall debacle. My motorcycle has 1400 miles on it and I'm forced to not use it for an indefinite period of time due to Yamaha's inability to provide the required parts for the recall. My bike is being stored in a warehouse by the dealership until parts become available.

I wrote a letter to Yamaha to express my frustration and ask for some sort of compensation for having my bike grounded while I continue to make my payment, pay my insurance, and watch my warranty period tick away. Not to mention that I have a 5 month old motorcycle with 1400 miles that now must go through what equates to a rebuild. I will now be the proud owner of a rebuilt motorcycle for which I in good faith paid full price for. After I get my bike back from the recall, it will have to go through a break-in period a second time and I will have to pay for the required 600 mile service at a $250.00 expense to me.

I received a response letter back from Yamaha asking me to contact them by phone so that we could "reach an appropriate resolution". I was surprised by the response and was hopeful that we could work out something that would be equitable to both of us. After several hours of try to get through their customer service line, I was basically told "sorry for your inconvenience" and "we have no idea when parts will be available". The CS rep stated that parts may become available in early March, but no promises. I talked to them about possible lemon law action or law suit, and I was told "Well… we would hate to lose you as a customer, but do what you have to do." I was real irritated that they asked me to contact them by phone so we could reach an appropriate resolution only to find they have no intention of providing any form of equitable resolution to this matter.

According to the dealership this recall will take an average of 2 days to complete per bike. At my dealership, there are 15 motorcycles ahead of me waiting just as I am. This means that depending on how many mechanics they have working on the recall bikes, I will be waiting a very long time even if parts come in early March. That means my motorcycle is grounded for 2 + months. I've been a long time customer of Yamaha and in fact this is my third motorcycle from Yamaha. I am extremely disappointed in how this is being handled and how I, as a long time customer, am being treated.

Anyway, that's my story. If you do decide to take action on our behalf, please feel free to add my name to the list and I will provide any information needed to expedite these proceedings. All I really want is my bike to be fixed in a timely manor and some assurances that the work done during the recall will be warranted for an extended period of time. Some Warrior owners have been told there will be a 90 day warranty on the repair work. A repair this extensive needs to be warranted far longer than 90 days.

Thank you for your time,

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yes, let's all make Mr. Delsack alot of money, and we will each get our recall done (exactly the way it's going to be done already) and an additional check for $375.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yep everything is always better with lawyers involved. But what the hay its free cash, Anyone ever know ANYONE other than the lawyers that make a dime or make thing better by Class Action Lawsuit? Anyone? lol i didnt think so. You know whats Amazing, all the lawyer jokes and the world would be better without lawyer lines, Until someone thinks they can get a free buck..sad and by the time anything comes of this, everyones bike will have been fixed and most traded off on some other new best bike in the universe..

·
Registered
12 Posts
For those of you who think time is not of the essence to get this problem resolved, please remember those of us who are making bike payments as well as insurance payments on a vehicle that has been sitting in the garage for almost 2mos and cannot through no fault of our own be ridden. A class action settlement should include payments made by us for a vehicle we just sit and stare at until Yamaha decides to get off their ASSES and fix our bikes. If you don't want to be part of the class action suit that's fine. But to belittle the processes which will hopefully get Yamaha to do something sooner rather than later bothers some of us.

1 - 20 of 221 Posts