RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is an e-mail i recieved today concerning the class action law suit.

Dear Yamaha Motorcycle Owners:

As this office has recently informed you in response to your e-mails, we have been, and are continuing, to investigate the possibility of filing a class-action lawsuit on behalf of Yamaha Roadstar owners. At the time of our earlier response to you we believed that we would be able to complete this analysis by mid-March. Because, however, the investigation and determination as to whether to undertake such an action is very complex, and involves the commitment of many man-hours as well as considerable financial resources, this determination cannot be made lightly.

As you may be aware, at least one other major law firm has previously looked at this possible class-action and has decided not to pursue the action for various reasons, including these same factors. Our investigation and analysis continues, and in light of the obligations which our firm and the other law firms which may be involved in this matter have to current clients, such an investigation and determination will still take several more weeks.

We had previously informed you that as soon as a decision is reached we would notify all effected Yamaha owners who had contacted us. We still intend to do so. Nevertheless, you may wish to consider if it would be more beneficial for you to undertake individual litigation with an attorney in your own state. You should know, and we here restate, our firm is not now, nor has it been, your attorneys, and it would not be until, and unless, we either filed a class-action lawsuit on behalf of all class members or you have signed a separate retainer agreement with our firm. Therefore, nothing in these e-mails may be construed as having established a client-attorney relationship, and accordingly we cannot advise you as to the best course of action for you.

We now believe that we will decide whether we will proceed with a class action within the next few weeks, but cannot give you an absolute date when that decision will be made. We sincerely hope that you will bear with us until we have concluded our analysis and may be able inform you of that decision. Once again, we apologize for the delay in responding to your e-mails but these are very significant factors which must be taken into consideration before embarking on such a major undertaking. We hope that you will understand and bear with us until we next contact you.

Linda Jayne, Office Administrator
Law Offices of Delsack & Assoc., P.C.
1801 Century Park East
Suite 2400
Los Angeles, CA 90067
Tel. 888-395-3666
Fax 888-270-0079

guess i'll just wait and see what they come up with.

·
Registered
639 Posts
cougwarrior, I called Delsack today and, instead of getting the law firm, I reached a call center. Now, if it was REALLY a call center, that means they have had so many phone calls that they could not handle them.

I know what a bunch of you folks think of attorneys, but how would you like to be inundated with a bunch of Warriors on the warpath?! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

It's not costing us anything, so I am content to wait and see if Delsack, et al, will pick up the ball and run with it. You gotta know its gonna take some major stones to take on a company as big as Yamaha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts