RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the left fender stay, placed a small folding table with a towel on it next to the rear wheel, loosened the fender from the right fender stay and fliped it upside down on the towel. I then removed the IFEK, cut all the wires What a mess! Splices, clips, and yucky sticky tape!), and brought the whole unit to my bench. I replaced the Clear Alternatives light that was defective with the new one delivered to the dealer today (They wanted to install it, but I had my own opinion of a clean install so I took it home and promised to bring the exchange back). Once on the bench I removed the offending broken light fixture. I notched out my plate bracket, heat shrunk the wires, and ran the plate light LED wires behind the plate and up through the same holes as the LED tail light. I then slide the rear tail light trim housing that I bought from Frankenstein on ebay and secured it with silicon. I took rubber door weather stripping and siliconed it over the top of the trim housing. I secured the 4 bolts that attach the Baron's IFEK to the fender. Then I cut all the wires, stripped, twisted, soldered, and heat shrunk them all. A larger heat shrink over the top of that, and finally a 3/8" split flex tubing secured by the stock tab thingy. LOL. Siliconed all the holes in the back of the housing for good measure. Flipped the fender back into place and resecured it. Nice and neat. And with the weather stripping, no more seeing up in the fender when the brake light comes on. Sealed nicely.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Nice work. I'm pretty much a perfectionist, and thats pretty much exactly what I would have done. Did you use flux when you were soldering? It makes the solder flow so nice.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Ruckus, I am right behind you buddy. Got my brake light issue fixed finally - a little tweak of the spring and viola!

I decided to ditch my Barons IFEK since I was tired of looking at the gap between the fender and the top of the tailight. The barons is a really nice heavy duty bracket, but it's just bent wrong and doesn't line up right IMO, of course all I see when i look at the back of your bike is that phat azz tire!I ordered the yamaha IFEK and hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow and get it all back together over the weekend,

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey guys, I had this tailight installed a year ago. Started up my bike this morning and noticed the entire left side of the rear light was out. The turn signals work, but the red LED on and brake light aren't working. I ma not an electrician and I had a friend at the service shop install it and it has been working all this time. Did the LED just short out on that side and I will need to replace then tire tailight??,,,,Please help :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
same thing happened to to me please help. But I have no trail lights at all. It happened when I changed my rear tire.

Mark

·
Administrator
29,696 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

If your tail light is not working, may I ask if the license plate light is working (if you have one).
Also, did you check all the other lights and gauges are still working?

Anyway, in the meantime look under the rear fender there are some electrical plugs. Maybe when
changing the tire a plug got pulled apart somehow. Follow the Light Blue wire to its plug and see if
it got pulled apart. Also follow the Black wire to its plug as see if it got pulled apart.

If the plugs are okay then it could be where the Light Blue and Black wire enters the tail light
housing where the wires got pulled a bit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts