I removed the left fender stay, placed a small folding table with a towel on it next to the rear wheel, loosened the fender from the right fender stay and fliped it upside down on the towel. I then removed the IFEK, cut all the wires What a mess! Splices, clips, and yucky sticky tape!), and brought the whole unit to my bench. I replaced the Clear Alternatives light that was defective with the new one delivered to the dealer today (They wanted to install it, but I had my own opinion of a clean install so I took it home and promised to bring the exchange back). Once on the bench I removed the offending broken light fixture. I notched out my plate bracket, heat shrunk the wires, and ran the plate light LED wires behind the plate and up through the same holes as the LED tail light. I then slide the rear tail light trim housing that I bought from Frankenstein on ebay and secured it with silicon. I took rubber door weather stripping and siliconed it over the top of the trim housing. I secured the 4 bolts that attach the Baron's IFEK to the fender. Then I cut all the wires, stripped, twisted, soldered, and heat shrunk them all. A larger heat shrink over the top of that, and finally a 3/8" split flex tubing secured by the stock tab thingy. LOL. Siliconed all the holes in the back of the housing for good measure. Flipped the fender back into place and resecured it. Nice and neat. And with the weather stripping, no more seeing up in the fender when the brake light comes on. Sealed nicely.