RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what do I use to clean melted shoe off of these stainless steel pipes? Nothing I have is touching the stuff? Also, is there a way to shine the pipes up once they gold up(which is right away, and I am, thinking the answer is no) but never hurts to ask, in case some miracle stuff has come out. TIA

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had some big ass rubber on my previous Vstar, it went away very easy with any common pulishing paste, gently applied... got just like new. Also I read something in the June issue of V twin mag.. may I'll try it...

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
I wouldn't use a razor. Any high quality chrome polish/creme will take the melted rubber off - you just need to do repeated applications and some elbow grease /emoticons/emotion-1.gif
Also, the speed* pipe is fully covered by the heat shield. For it to discolor means your engine is running too hot. I would check the A/F ratio. Are you running a PCIII or similar?

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Elbow grease and a paste such as Mothers or even a little fingernail scraping

·
Registered
36 Posts
Two Words... BLUE MAGIC.
It's a polish/paste that works really good.

Dont do the fingernail stuff... actually fingernails can scratch the speed* as I know.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, these are the original 2-2 Speedstar, all stainless, no heat shield, only 2 small shields where your legs come down.
But thanks all thus far for the help.

quote:Originally posted by mdfdwarrior

Also, the speed* pipe is fully covered by the heat shield. For it to discolor means your engine is running too hot. I would check the A/F ratio. Are you running a PCIII or similar?

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Elbow grease and polish paste, like mothers, just go gentle if you are using something to give you an "edge", then rub the F%$k out of it with terry cloth and a mild polish. If you have discoloring try BLUEJOB, good reviews here[8D]

·
Registered
35 Posts
Trick learned from the Harley Detail Shop: 1. Warm pipe. 2.NEW razor blade- gently applied. 3. S-2000 polish applied. 4. Rub until your happy. 5.Cost $$$$$.00 at Harley so cheap to do and looks good.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I use an brillo pad. I start by getting the pipe warm not hot then I get the brillo pad nice and wet. Next I take some windex and spray it on to the pipe while rubbing gentley with th ebrillo pad and the black heal marks come right off without scratching the pipe. You must keep the pipe good and wet to avoid scratching.

·
Registered
278 Posts
After a quick ride to heat the pipe up, I use Mothers Chrome Polish. Put some on a rag (terrycloth works best) and wipe it on. The first few times should cause the stuff to immediately boil. After a few passes like this, I'll start rubbing it in and voila! I tried it this way after watching my ex-wife clean the iron. She had some special cleaner, applied it to a rag, heated the iron up and ironed it clean. I figured if it could work on that, it should do the same for my ProPipe (and it does).

·
Registered
340 Posts
Luckily I haven't had to remove tar or plastic from my pipes. But I use some stuff called "Never Dull". Its a chemical treated wadding that you apply then wipe off the pipe (all chrome) with a clean cloth. No liquids or paste. Plus, take the wad when you're done and put it back in the can, use it later. this stuff last forever.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts