RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a CA integrated tail light and fresh out of the box the tail light didn't work. Everything else worked fine but no tail light. I returned it and Dennis Kirk shipped me another one. Of course return shipping was $7. I installed the new one and It worked for about a month until I noticed the other day the left half of the tail light and brake light were burned out. I called CA and they said if I send it back they will mail me out a new one. That's all well and good but I have to pay return shipping on this one too. Im pretty pissed. Anyone else have problems with their light?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I think there's basically me and 4 other guys on the planet that haven't had problems with it. If you do a search you'll find that it'sfarily common for them to go out and need replacing it seems so many people go with MD Wright. I'm happy with mine still and I know there was someone else who's had theirs trouble free for something like two years. Good luck with it however you decide to rectify the situation.

·
Registered
963 Posts
can you use a soldering iron? if so just crack open your light and solder the transistor to the ckt board. It is the black cylindrical component on the side that is out. it is flat on one side and has 3 legs. re attach it and then place silicoln around the component to keep it from vibrating to much. Let me know if you have any questions.

Aaron

·
Registered
232 Posts
Marco Polo said:
I think there's basically me and 4 other guys on the planet that haven't had problems with it.

I am with you Marco, then again i have not stood behind my bike recently to see if everything is still working...

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
swany1214 said:
I am with you Marco, then again i have not stood behind my bike recently to see if everything is still working...

lol Unfortunately after hearing about how crappy they are and how I should expect problems I actually makea point to check them every so often. So far, so good.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Mine stopped stopped working several months after installing it. Found out on this forum that it is common, and it is repairable! Removed and opened up the taillight, soldered 2 loose wires, and applied more solder to the ones that were still ok. Put some hot glue on top of those connections so they wouldn't rattle off anymore. Glued the housing back together and sealed it with hot glue, and it was back on the bike the same day!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im thinking about just putting my stock light back on and somehow wiring up a LED strip for my turn signals. It will be one of the winter projects for me.

·
Registered
232 Posts
swany1214 said:

Well i think i jinxed myself. Looked behind yesterday and everything is working except the right blinker. I am hoping that the connection just shook loose inside the fender, but if not then i am going to probably need to search up those sodering directions.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
The leads on the transistors in my light snapped because of the crappy solder job.

They units are crap. They have told me several timesthat they fixed a production problem BUT the majority of the units still fail shortly after installation or out the box.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
I had the same problem when I bought the new lights.... Phats told me to call CA directly andCA sent me new lights with the sticker for the return postage to use on the same box I got them in ... so the shipping did not cost me a thing and I did not have to go without lights...

So far it's been about 8 months and no problems with the new lights...

If you ever have problems just Call CA directly... they will honor the warranty, no questions ask, they didn't even ask for a receipt.

CA seems to have good customer service to balance out their defective products...

I hope my lights don't go out now because of writting this

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
siradude said:
CA seems to have good customer service to balance out their defective products...

I've never heard of anyone having any problems getting it exchanged but it sure seems like they'd just modify the design that one tiny bit and save themselves all the bad publicity, time, and expense of having to constantly swap them out with people. I mean, it's not like this is a brand new product or a new problem they're just hearing about.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and knocking on wood that mine keeps behaving. I keep checking it now though just waiting for it to go out. That's not really the feeling you're supposed to have about anything you pay good money for.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Marco Polo said:
I think there's basically me and 4 other guys on the planet that haven't had problems with it.  If you do a search you'll find that it's farily common for them to go out and need replacing it seems so many people go with MD Wright.  I'm happy with mine still and I know there was someone else who's had theirs trouble free for something like two years.  Good luck with it however you decide to rectify the situation.

Don't jinx me!!!

Mine's been on the bike for about a year now and ALL IS WELL! (gonna run outside to talk nicely to my bike now)

·
Registered
544 Posts
About 4 months nowso far so good! Only issue was when we bottomed out august the tire ripped the wiring loose and chewed it up bad. Totally rewired it taking my time and tucked it up nice and neat. Fingers are crossed and I check it often.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts