RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
28,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added 5-13-2007 by ArizonaWarrior:
Clear Alternatives produces an excellent integrated tail light and the rest of this post remains valid. Its a simple relay issue. Tests seem to indicate the relay provided to date by Clear Alternatives does NOT work.
See:http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=49999

I've called and emailed Clear Alternatives asking for a Warrior specific wiring diagram for the flash rate correction relay because something is needed to clarify the often misunderstood written wiring instructions. To date there hasn't been a response.

We are not aware, as of today, of anything different between 2002-2007 models that would cause a range of different side effects between installs by generally competent mod-experienced members.

(This is the relay portion that fails testing on the Warrior)
This is what is on the Clear Alternatives website:
Yamaha's Cruisers and (Older models - FZR's) (Located on left side rear sub frame)
1. Remove the brown wire and the brown
with white stripe wire.
2. Plug factory flasher back into the socket
as it is still needed for other functions.
3. Connect the brown wire directly to the
"L" pin on the new flasher and connect
the brown w/ white stripe to the "B" pin
on the new flasher.
4. Secure new flasher in a secure location.
5. Note: You will now have two
flashers.

Insert Image:

48.99 KB

SOURCE:http://www.clearalternatives.com/flasher.htm

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Excellent, I never did do the relay.. But will do them tonight! Thanks. I am also very happy with the clear alternatives.. But, I just had a led blow out.. I'm contacting them now to see what they can do. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

Thanks for the information, it has proven most helpful!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I've been lucky with mine for about a year but I've heard reports about wiring problems and faults all over the place. The first one got lost in shipping - thank God I had insurance on it!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Added 5-13-2007 by ArizonaWarrior:
Clear Alternatives produces an excellent integrated tail light and the rest of this post remains valid. Its a simple relay issue. Tests seem to indicate the relay provided to date by Clear Alternatives does NOT work.
See:http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=49999

I've called and emailed Clear Alternatives asking for a Warrior specific wiring diagram for the flash rate correction relay because something is needed to clarify the often misunderstood written wiring instructions. To date there hasn't been a response.

We are not aware, as of today, of anything different between 2002-2007 models that would cause a range of different side effects between installs by generally competent mod-experienced members.

(This is the relay portion that fails testing on the Warrior)
This is what is on the Clear Alternatives website:
Yamaha's Cruisers and (Older models - FZR's) (Located on left side rear sub frame)
1. Remove the brown wire and the brown
with white stripe wire.
2. Plug factory flasher back into the socket
as it is still needed for other functions.
3. Connect the brown wire directly to the
"L" pin on the new flasher and connect
the brown w/ white stripe to the "B" pin
on the new flasher.
4. Secure new flasher in a secure location.
5. Note: You will now have two
flashers.

Insert Image:

48.99 KB

SOURCE:http://www.clearalternatives.com/flasher.htm
Followed your instructions and the rear works as it should however the front signals just get brighter when turned on, they don't flash any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Try removing the flasher and going with the faster flash rate.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Remove the one that came with the taillight. Most people did not use this relay or experienced a problem with it. If this fixes your issue, then the relay is either defective, not properly installed or not compatible with the Warrior's wiring. I am thinking it is not compatible.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have had nothing but problems with this product. I had to re-solder every contact due to cold solder connections. I had to add solder in most cases because there was almost non there. I got it working again, but it lasted only six rides before getting buggy again. It is too fragile and poorly made. Very disappointed.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Remove the one that came with the taillight. Most people did not use this relay or experienced a problem with it. If this fixes your issue, then the relay is either defective, not properly installed or not compatible with the Warrior's wiring. I am thinking it is not compatible.
Duh, not sure why I didn't think of that, thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have had nothing but problems with this product. I had to re-solder every contact due to cold solder connections. I had to add solder in most cases because there was almost non there. I got it working again, but it lasted only six rides before getting buggy again. It is too fragile and poorly made. Very disappointed.

So after a little more research, I saw that the instruction were incorrect the cables in the relay were switched, man I love this forum! I hope I have better luck with the light then you did BDaddy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts