RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I HAD a clear alternatives LED rear tail lens on my bike. Riding down the road one day my brother pulled up next to me and said that my brake light wasn't working. So, I tried my signals, Right signal...no go..left signal when I hit a bump it flashed on. So- I contacted Clear Alternatives about them honoring their Warranty. It took them a month and here is the email that I just got back; I'm not a

Normal

false
false
false

EN-US
X-NONE
X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-qformat:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

happy camper!Dear Customer,

We would like to thank you for placing your order with us. However, some or all of your parts on the
order are currently out of stock.
Unfortunately due to the time of year and economic status of the nation,
we will not be receiving another shipment of parts until the end of February /
early March.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Please contact us at your earliest convenience so we can either:

1. Cancel the order.Ship partial order (what’s
    in stock) and ship remainder when comes in.Hold order until part
    comes in. Contact us to see if we
    have another alternative i.e. another color, or upgraded unit with
    discount.

Thanks for your support.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Wow, what a way to do business. Sounds like the company is going under. I wouldn't place any orders with them, but since you are trying to file a warranty claim I'd take what you can get when you can get it. Maybe it's time to select a different tail light. I've heard nothing but problems from the CA taillight.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I have the CA with no probs so far.They do make it with a smoke lens.Maybe you can get that as a replacement.I would call them.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the smoke lense. From my understanding of the way they manufacture their light systms, they do whats called Waterfall soldering...apparently it's not as reliable as it would be to just solder the leds individually. I just put the stock on back on the bike and got some Baron's chrome bullet signals...I like the look..it's still bright as all get out, and I'm gettin tired of takin the fender off and on...Clear Alternatives as far as I am concerned has been black listed from me and all of my other buddys won't buy from the now either...

·
Registered
727 Posts
Talk to your dealer. If they have any in stock they can warranty the light and return the defective one for a credit if they cannot get the Warrior one.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
slngshott said:
I have the CA with no probs so far.They do make it with a smoke lens.Maybe you can get that as a replacement.I would call them.

You are one of few that purchased the CA lights.

If you have any experience soldering, open the light up and solder the transistors back on. If one of the legs is broke off, you can get a pack of 10 transistors for less than $10 at a electronics retailer. Heck, I have 8 somewhere now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts