RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
I'm in weather permitting.... Maybe we should all meet at one of the meeting locations, like Southeast Hardley or somewhere else that way we get to ride as a group. We can also figure out a place at the fairgrounds to meet other Warriors that are coming from different parts of Ohio, and get a ride in after we leave the fairgrounds.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So are we meeting for louie run??

Where? Im in Beachwood area am half way from east or west side
Any place works for me

·
Registered
538 Posts
So I went to the site for the Louie Run and I'm a little confused. Is the primary location the Painsville Fairgrounds? It looks like you can ride out from all over the place.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes final destination is paensville fairgrounds .

We can meet at Ohio motorcycle of 271 in Oakwood
As somebody mentioned or QSL in Velley view

·
Registered
826 Posts
So I went to the site for the Louie Run and I'm a little confused. Is the primary location the Painsville Fairgrounds? It looks like you can ride out from all over the place.
The way the Louie Run works is there are meeting places all over Ohio so that people from a certain area can meet and Do the "Run" as a coordinated group, which is usually fun to ride out in a big group like that, and it is the safest way to do the run because cager traffic is stopped at lights and intersections to allow all the bikes to stay together.
We usually meet at SouthEast Hardly Ableson because it is really the only "Official" meeting place closest around here...that being said we could always meet a little earlier, and then show up to SE HD as a group! So the Louie Run leaves HD at 10:30 sharp so lets meet at Ohio Motorcycle as Kentstater suggested at 9 am so we can BS for a few and wait for stragglers and then leave there at 9:45 sharp and head to SouthEast!

When we get to Southeast we need to pull off to the side and ask as to how they are "Lining up" the bikes...last year I went with several other guys I wanted to ride with and we lined up Two Abreast as everyone else did, with our riding buddies to our sides, only to find out that when they released the bikes they did it "in line" so I had to go with the bike in front and behind me and some guy I didn't know at all was riding next to me, so we got all split up, which really blew!

Let us know if this plan works for everyone!
Mike

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm going to ride in the Louie run also but I'm leaving from Sportsters bar & grill. Weather permitting of course. So we need to figure out a meeting place and time at the
fairgrounds. Would be cool to meet some of guys and ride.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Sounds good Gravity. So I haven't really been to any rides like this. Do we need to register and pay before hand or is it done there. How does that type of stuff work?

Ohio Motorcycle at 9AM sounds great. 5 minute ride up to SE Hardly from there. Hopefully we can get a bunch of us together! Rpone I know personally so I'll give him a call. I don't think he comes on the forum all that often.

Below is a link with directions to Ohio Motorcycle dealership for anyone not familiar. We will be meeting at the Oakwood location off I-271, not the Hillard location. It used to be called "Cleveland/Akron Honda". You can't really miss it.

http://www.ohiomotorcycle.com/map_hours.asp

·
Registered
826 Posts
Sounds good Gravity. So I haven't really been to any rides like this. Do we need to register and pay before hand or is it done there. How does that type of stuff work
You can do either... I always wait and get mine the day of the ride, I think it's a couple bucks more, but I'm not out the money if it rains! This is a rain or shine event, so if you buy tickets before hand and it rains you can either ride out in the rain or take the cage and enjoy the bands and other festivities!

·
Registered
826 Posts
I'm going to ride in the Louie run also but I'm leaving from Sportsters bar & grill. Weather permitting of course. So we need to figure out a meeting place and time at the
fairgrounds. Would be cool to meet some of guys and ride.

They have a "spilling of blood" ceremony I think around noon at the fairgrounds so maybe right after that we can meet up somewhere by the bleachers... The problem is figuring out who we are in the sea of leather and bandanas...I'm easy to spot but at 5' 4" tall I'm hard to find.... lol.... maybe those who are meeting up there can just exchange numbers with someone in the group and call when the ceremony is over?

·
Registered
826 Posts
This sounds interesting. What kind if things are at the rally? And how much is it?

Brian.

Hi Brian, It says if you buy them from there website tickets are $5 if you wait till the day of they might be $10.... it's cheap either way and a lot of fun for a good cause! They have all sorts of things going on... A few different bands throughout the day/eve... some bike oriented contests like keg rolling races and bag toss... all sorts of vender stands.... Check out their site they have pictures and videos,
http://www.louierun.org

I usually leave after a couple hours, but I said last year that I wanted to hang for the party this year, so if we do go for a ride I will probably return to the fairgrounds afterwards!

Hour you'll join us,
Mike

1 - 20 of 22 Posts