RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 XV1700 and my bike has started making a clicking and sometimes buzzing sound from the lower right portion of my engine.

I can start the bike up but when I turn the bike off with the kill switch the sound starts, sometimes it's even a whirrrring sound. If I toggle the kill switch off-on it changes pitch and sound. Sometimes I can get it to stop by doing that. What gives here?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,624 Posts
If you have led lights, it's probably what they call the click of death, do a search and there is plenty of info out there. Or maybe a bad compression release. It can run your battery down. But i could be completely wrong.:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK I did some reading, seems like it started after I installed from LED turn signals. But I"m not finding anything solid on how to get rid of the click other than wiring in a small bulb into the headlight? What exactly does this mean? What size bulb, what wattage and where do I wire it, to which headlight wire?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found the video on wiring in a bulb into the turn signal wires to get rid of the excess voltage causing the clicking:

I wired in a small 12 v wired socket to the blue and black turn signal wires but am still getting the clicking. Was I supposed to wire in two 12 v bulb sockets or what?

·
Premium Member
3,238 Posts
OP when you turn your bike off use the key instead of the kill switch. Also leave it in neutral instead of in gear. You should not hear the buzzing after that.

Also report back to put this baby to sleep.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts