RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow members. I have a situation that requires your expert opinion as I’m a novice in mechanics. And I don’t want to guess when it comes to altering characteristics of the bike that may affect safety.

Scenario: I plan to put clip-on bars on the warrior. And I prefer to attach them above the top triple tree in order to maximize my reach.

The issue is that in order to attach the clip on clamps there needs to be 1.5 inches of the fork tubes available above the triple tree as that is the height of the clamp. Based on my research on the forum it has been noted the max the fork tubes can be raised is 3/4” of an inch or you run the risk of denting the fender.

What can I do to get that fork tube raised 1.5” ?

The only thing I thought of was stiffer springs. So the travel would be reduced to avoid fender contact. But unsure of what type to get and if this would make for a really jarring ride. I would like to have this option as a last resort if nothing else can be done.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
158 Posts
There are many ways to get much better results, the way you are talking about is not recommended. They now make very easy extentions that will mount in the original bar clamps and move the bars up and back that much or more. You may need to change the cables and wires to be long enough to reach the longer placement.

·
Registered
09 RSW. Ivan’s tune, Churchkey Vbak, AIS block off, Magnatec coils, Custom slip on, chopped rear.
452 Posts
Roxx,
I put one of their risers on my bike.
Here’s a picture

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
..... check this video: Warrior made by RAZ
Custom triple treees with clip-ons.
The bike was built in Germany by RAZ, a bro from Starbiker-Cologne.

Ride safe,
Thommy
yea that’s the kind of stance I’m looking for in the bike. I saw a forum member i believe the 2013 warrior of the year that had something similar very tastefully modded With clip ons.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There are many ways to get much better results, the way you are talking about is not recommended. They now make very easy extentions that will mount in the original bar clamps and move the bars up and back that much or more. You may need to change the cables and wires to be long enough to reach the longer placement.
Why isn’t it recommend? Could you give me a few drawbacks just so I know if it’s something I’m willing to do? Also, I don’t want the bars closer to me. I want them about the same distance in front of me. Just not so wide. From shoulder to shoulder I measure 18 inches. I’d like bars that measure about 22-24 inches from bar end to bar end. Anything like that ring a bell to anyone?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts