RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
What Bars are you talking about? I my self have been thrown from a few BARS,been Behind a few BARS,an sang a few Bars,to no ones pleasure. Getting back to your inquary,never heard of clip on bars?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Rick,
(Cruiser guys and old guys just dont get it)
I too have considered this. Here is what halted my considerations of this option.
1. I am only 5'11" and after sitting on my bike that is one **** of a reach. Shaq I aint.
2. Where the **** would I put the footpegs.
3. Once I found the spot for the footpegs, what a pain in the ass it will be to redo the shift and brake linkages.
BUT, if you have any good ideas, I'm with ya. I like doing things that havent been done.

Tim

·
Registered
90 Posts
clip on bars are the type of handle bars that are on crotch rockets. 1 clip on per side. they clamp on the forks. I personally think that would be uncomfortable on the warrior. It might work if you mooved the foot pegs way in the back. check out the pictures in Yamaha's 2003 star accessories and apparel catalog. available from the dealers

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yeah you would have to be eight foot tall for clip ons to work. And kinda rear mounted controls. A big throw pillow across the tank, Hey! we might be on to something here...

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you can reach clip on's you shoul dbe in a zoo in the gorila cage with arms like that. Sorry, but **** man do you even have a Warrior or just stirring up SH_T.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I cant tell for sure, but it looks like Rob has them on his dragbike.
http://www.rswarrior.com/members/memberdetails.asp?B_ID=421&handle=Rob+Hughes

I just went out in the garage and checked it on my bike.
Its really not that far fetched, but it would be hard to put on any real miles. Man I gotta get a life.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I sat on that Indigo drag bike. I dont remember if they were clip-ons or not, but they were really small,straight and low.

Personally, I liked the feel of them with the controls under the seat... But I am 6'7" and came from a sport bike.

CarKnee

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Orient bike isn't a clip on. It is a VERY short broomstick, leverage wise only a shade better. But remember Orient is going to offer rearsets soon. We could get the futuristic missle look on the road before Dodge ever gets that Tomahawk out there.

Clip ons, rear set, raise seat or lower tank then a body would fit. Weight on the front end could be a problem.

Oh yeah, WarriorRider, I have been called "Monkey Arms" a lot of times in my life. I think it was an evolutionary thing for reaching tools without crawling out from under the truck. [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Thought about that before too.
for my 650 v-star i bought clipons completely made of aluminium. But there are several problems in installing (IF you are tall enough to reach it):

1) clearance. They ALWAYS hit the gastank. i wanted to lower the fork by sliding it upwards the triple-tree and put the clipons on top ... inverted!

2) they usally have 7/8" diameter and you need 1" for the grips, switches etc. i organised an aluminium pipe with 7/8" inner and 1" outer radius, made a cut along one side and slipped it over

3) fork-diameter. most clip-ons aren't wide enough to fit the fork. the v-star only has 1 2/3 ". the warrior has much more.

4) your wire-stuff (brake, clutch, gas, electricity) is much too long and all this looks like crap. you would have to shorten it. i even had shortened mine because i had a small dragbar installed before

i like this dragbike-look also and got an 39" wide stainless-steel-dragbar for my warrior now. i'll try to mount it without new risers (because i like the low look) but think i have to work on the turn-radius for that because i love my gastank.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
BTW: where can i take influence on the turn-radius? sorry for my bad english if you don't understand.
i want to make the handlebar have less degrees to turn to on each side. where do i have to install for example metall-cubes to reach that?

·
Registered
183 Posts
timoken,you can make adjustable fork stops on most bikes by drilling and taping a hole in either the stop on the frame or lower triple tree and installing a bolt with a jam nut.

·
Registered
183 Posts
oh yeah ,your probably going to need a football feild to do a u turn after this mod.I've had a few bikes with large turning radius's(ducati 900ss was the worst)they are a pain in the ass to live with,just moving the bike around the garage suck's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts