RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well grinding noise and the loss of first and second gears (this made me come to a grinding halt) I had been having a few minor problems with the gearbox/clutch thinking i may need a new cable i tried adjustment all to no avail (britwarrior on hand as always) so i thought i would give it a ride after a bit more adjustment and it all went pete tong piled into a round about meaning to gear down and sweep through with style and SHITEEEEEEEEEEE NO CAN DO to late to grab a hand full of brake wizzed in front of a car ( insert long blasts on car horn and hand signals from the driver all to the sounds of tyres screeching) and i sailed over at about 65mph much to my suprise without crashing pulled over in time to be called a F*&kING W£N*KER by the said driver of the car that had just lost a 1000 miles of rubber off his tyres at the roundabout, then the car behind stopped to tell me he was going to report me for dangerous driving (now as you all know i am a mild mannerd little lad, and took my telling of rather well from the poor sod i had cut up, but this one had to be told to f88K OFF as he was no were near, glad to say he did as he was told) anyway down to what had happened i had lost first and second gear on the bike why i don,t know so i ride home in 3/4/5 and she is happy to do it.

Called a mate from a bike shop and he came and gave her a look over after i was sure it was not the clutch by this stage (at this stage Steve started sucking his teeth and my wallet went into meltdown ) "well what do you think it is, say I" its got to be internal says he. BOLLOX (YOU CAN GUESS WHO SAID THAT)

Well i am pretty pissed off as it is only 11 months since all the recalls were done and nothing should be wrong so i am on the phone like lighting to cheltenham yamaha who did the work, I speak to Rick and he says BOLLOX after a brief sitrep on what happend can you get it to us YUP said i so off to van hire i go and off to cheltenham with the beast dropped off and back home.

3 days later i have a missed call on my phone and have to ring Rick back HI Rick whats the damage (in a voice dripping with gloom and doom)

Rick (in an up beat voice and sounding like he laid kylie cute *** minogue last night) all done mate you can have her back.

WHAT was wrong the gear shifter had RUSTED inside and was stopping her down shifting.

Well they took it off cleaned it all back greased it all up put it back together and i said how much do i owe you Rich said have it on me free i am just glad it was not a total rebuild.

SO GUYS the moral of this story is they are not all STEALERSHIPS OUT THERE,AND, AND ITS A BIG AND DO NOT JETWASH A BLOODY WARRIOR AS THATS HOW THEY THINK THE WATER GOT INSIDE TO START THE RUST.

ONCE AGAIN TO ALL AT CHELTENHAM YAMAHA THANKYOU AGAIN

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
First and foremost, really glad that you did not go down and drop the bike. Second alls well that ends well, really happy to hear it all worked out for you. It sounds like the folks at Cheltenham Yamaha did you right and I wish that we had 'em over here.

Joe

·
Registered
7,929 Posts
The_Cadfather said:
First and foremost, really glad that you did not go down and drop the bike. Second alls well that ends well, really happy to hear it all worked out for you. It sounds like the folks at Cheltenham Yamaha did you right and I wish that we had 'em over here.

Joe

I will just use the quote. Cadfather said it all, I could not put it any better.

·
Registered
137 Posts
glad it all worked out for you and the bike never went down,and i wash mine with a jet wash all the time so i will be stripping that casing off this weekend just to be sure better safe than sorry

regards steve

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
'Kin 'ell mate. Glad you're OK. When that driver starting giving you some verbal why didn't you reach into your kecks and chuck some sh1t at him cos I bet there was some there

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Bloody 'ell Marc, you don't do things by half mate!! Scary moment on the roundabout and relieved that you were not hurt. Glad that the Cheltenham guys sorted you out too, good on 'em. If I ever get my recalls done then that's where I'm taking her.

·
Registered
679 Posts
LMAO.Thanks for the dirty underwear story.You'll be telling that tale in the pubs for some time.

They must make your roundabouts like the ones in the states.The curbs are slightly rounded which allows a 630 lb. 2 wheeler to launch quite nicely into the air.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mdfdwarrior said:
how in bloody he!! does the gear shifter rust on the inside?!?!

anywhoo - glad it all worked out for ya!
Dunno bro but that what it was, anyone else had it as a problem?

·
Premium Member
8,964 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Al i guess that could be the case, they said they had the same problem once before on a dragstar that the owner cleaned alot but did not ride alot and he used a jetspray to power wash his bike.

I am just glad that the bike is all in working order and they did it for free, so no complaints from this homeboy this time.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I get that fookin problem every winter with the salt getting in there, done it early this yr, about a month ago, story had me foxed for a bit, cept my old honda used to do the same thing thru the linkage - on the warrior its off with the circlip and shove more grease in there and good for nother month or 2. Think I done that job about 3 times in 3yrs so not too bad, just british weather!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Heh, every time it does it, I'm thinking - shite-hawks, me clutch is fooked - or like when I read your story I thought sounds like the gearbox recall, catches me out every time LOL, on the honda it had a linkage used to pull back a rubber boot and grease it and you got your gears back, so thats what I went for on the yam, but it wernt there, its on the actual lever pinion like the guy said

1 - 16 of 16 Posts