RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did my BAK, and cleaned up my wiring and fuel tank venting tubes on the left side, and it seems the only other thing to do is to route my clutch cable. I removed the original holder, andthen rerouted it behind the chrome oil line, whatshould I use to secure the cluthch cable so the adjuster doesn't hit the frame?Anyone use these http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=504B771A-DA1D-431E-9E35-3929DC3D2097&search=cable+guides&store=All&page=1and does anyone know the thickness of the frame down tube (1 1/4----1 1/2), and has anyone seen these for sale in black? Well thanks for the help and if you have pics that would help also.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I think yammi sells these too....I bought like 4 or 8 of them from another member and had them powdercoated black...the large hole is 1" (for the handlebars) and the small hole varied (I think i have 2 or 4 of 2 different sizes).

Any way, I'll check and since I w/ the baron radius bars thew won't work for me....I'll post what I have tomorrow to see if your interested.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
the down tube of the frame is 1 1/4" , i use one of the above mentioned clamps and they work great, dont know if they make them in black but you could always paint is or have it powder coated if you want it to hold up longer

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, would it be possible to post a pic of where you mounted it and how it looks?

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
ZZR12 said:
I did my BAK, and cleaned up my wiring and fuel tank venting tubes on the left side, and it seems the only other thing to do is to route my clutch cable. I removed the original holder, andthen rerouted it behind the chrome oil line, whatshould I use to secure the cluthch cable so the adjuster doesn't hit the frame?

[*]I would suggest leaving the clutch cable on the outside of the oil line as OEM built for the following reasons:

[*]God forbid you have an accident or snag the clutch cable for whatever reason you'll stress or do damage to the oil lines.
[*]The cable sheathing should be able to float freely depending upon handle position for less wear and tear[/list][/list]

Anyone use these http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=504B771A-DA1D-431E-9E35-3929DC3D2097&search=cable+guides&store=All&page=1and does anyone know the thickness of the frame down tube (1 1/4----1 1/2), and has anyone seen these for sale in black? Well thanks for the help and if you have pics that would help also.
ZZR12 .... my solution follows,i didn't want to bring prominence to my black stainless clutch cable on the down tube and used an existing cable clamp that i removed from the OEM coil bracket if i'm not mistaken as shown in the url enclosed. There are 2-tie wraps, 1-small and 1-large to make this work:

http://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157602604625531/detail/?page=2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts