RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would post in case anyone else was looking to change their Clutch in the near future...

The story!

Take the bike off for it's yearly MOT. Passes MOT however advised that the Clutch is slipping... Ok I say, not reallyknowing much about these things but since is was my local Yamaha dealer doing the MOT, I have some respect for what they are telling me. It also occurred to me that I had been suffering from a clicking noise that when reading other posts, had been linked to the clutch.

So next week I take the bike off down to the dealer and they say no problem, leave it with us and we will get it fitted in the next few days... Yay I am thinking however after the few days pass I ring up asking the question, is it ready? "Sorry Sir the pressure plates are on order from Japan as they are centrelly stocked... You should have your bike back early next week!"

The following week rolls on and it's "Sorry Sir the plates are on back order, but we think by the end of the week..." I have now been waiting 2.5 weeks, no bike as yet but they are only now missing one plate, this as one plate arrived today. At this point Iam just hoping to have the bike back before the weekend!!

Anyway reason for the post...

If you are thinking about changing your clutch soon, it might be an idea to get it on order now!

Regards

Instinct-UK

·
Banned
5,508 Posts
just wondering arent the plates the same in the vmax and a couple other yamas rs and some older bikes? if i remember correctly, its been a while but i just seem to remember something like that ,
maybe not , btk572

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
It's the SAME OLD "never ending story"!

Name that dealer!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
How many miles on your clutch? I ask because I had a slight slippage issue and I did the Barnett conversion with green springs only, no plates( kept all the stock plates )and that clutch has about 70,000 miles on it and is great. The Barnett's and gasket were about $175 USD. And I'm generally pretty hard on it !

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
JJ...got any spare plates laying around..then?...if ya near Woking, Surrey...keep rolling

you'd have thought the parts which were agreed to being replaced...ie.. no cage etc...would have been checked before stripping it down.....ya live and learn...ya live and learn

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Bruce....17k...not well looked after.. 'til stew laid his hands on it...the clicking noise was driving him mad..so as we've got some long euro trips planned this summer, it was decided to get it out of the way....the trouble was, we're not proper engineers...and didn't want to have it redone by chance...so went for all plates and springs..if that clicking noise is still evident...that will be bad!!...fingerscrossed....

·
Banned
5,508 Posts
hey, there is a full clutch on ebay here in the states ,its barnett and a full package if that might help you out ,give it a look , btk572

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
EBC do a clutch kit for the Warrior, M&P would probably have it in stock if you don't want to wait on the Yammi OEM parts.

Nick

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
I know this is a very old thread, but for anyone UK reading this - I ordered clutch plates from Fowlers online, arrived the next day no probs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts