RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is some of the damage from the recall. The dealership want's me to use touch up paint. Should they replace the cover? Should I use touch up paint that they want to give me? They are telling me that if I use the paint that the issue will be resolved. Many of you have done custom paint and detail, what are your thoughts on this issue? Like I said, this is recall damage from air tools when removing the motor. Should I take the paint and call it even, or should I get a new clutch cover? The pic doesn't do the damage justice, it's really ugly. Some of us in the DFW area have seen this in person. It's a 2002 bike and probably has sun damage as well, which may have lightened the factory paint.

Image Insert:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Thats really crap work. Touch up paint, as Zues says, will look like crap. Make them replace any scratched parts, take lots of photos, threaten to talk to Yamaha.

·
Registered
302 Posts
That picture is identical to some of the damage that I sufferred. Have a read of my post Damaged During recall. I had all damaged parts replaced, this is the only answer.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE: Yamaha is going to pay a different dealership to replace the cover. It should be ready next week and I can ride her until then. You DFW guys know exactly who I'm talking about.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update number (you fill in the blank) ________. OK, Central Yamaha of Plano, TX has gotten the OK to replace my clutch cover which was damaged by North Texas Yamaha from the transmisssion recall. She was leaking gas from the tank. It seems like North Texas Yamaha hadn't performed the gas tank recall even though the bike has spent months there. The tank is leaking and Central Yamaha has received an OK from Yamaha Corporation to replace my tank.

I am hoping that it won't keep me from missing another rally. North Texas Yamaha has made e miss four major bike rallys since my bike was always in their shop.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Make them replace it, they won't be happy about it either. I had some damage and I was POed. They must have had a blind guy putting the parts back on. My cam cover was crazy scratched.[}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UPDATE: I took her in Sunday to Central Yamaha to have my new clutch cover installed and told them that the gas tank had been leaking. I was later informed that there was a recall on the tank that was not performed. North Texas Yamaha seems to have let that one slip by since they did all of my work at that time. It was not done and Yamaha is sending me a new gas tank. Until then I can't have the bike since it's a SAFETY hazard.

It was leaking at the plate on the bottom of the tank near the reserve line. Gasoline was seeping out of that plate-to-tank interface at the rate of 1/2 gallon per day.

What a long strange trip it's been!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts