RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So take the clutch completely out replace the furthest full plate with stock ones you circled put the rest of pressure plates I took out back in and then put the stock pressure assembly on?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I've read you're supposed to seat it with your hand and then back it off a half to 3/4 turn to start. What happens if you go less or more?

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
So take the clutch completely out replace the furthest full plate with stock ones you circled put the rest of pressure plates I took out back in and then put the stock pressure assembly on?
Correct.
In the same order of the diagram pictured.

But before you do you will need a New diaphram spring. That one that I posted the link to above in the convo.
Your old one I'm sure isn't strong enough anymore.

There isn't an adjusting screw inside the clutch.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
I've read you're supposed to seat it with your hand and then back it off a half to 3/4 turn to start. What happens if you go less or more?
I'm not sure what your referring to.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Here is the order the old parts go back in after you remove the last full friction plate.
One of those steel rings says 'OUT SIDE'
That side faces out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I'm not sure what your referring to.

This is a different bike but about the 6 minute mark will show what I was refering to. Probably irrelevant to the warrior.

I will need a new gasket as well and I want to change the oil so I might as well do this st the same time.

Would changing the springs on the barnett pressure plate have any affect? Forgive me I'm just trying to understand the theory behind all of this. And thank you for all of your help I would have been completely lost.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts

This is a different bike but about the 6 minute mark will show what I was refering to. Probably irrelevant to the warrior.

I will need a new gasket as well and I want to change the oil so I might as well do this st the same time.

Would changing the springs on the barnett pressure plate have any affect? Forgive me I'm just trying to understand the theory behind all of this. And thank you for all of your help I would have been completely lost.
Yes, it's completely irrelevant in everything in that video.
Don't use loctite on the bolts.
The clutch in the video isn't like the warriors. There's no adjustment inside the clutch area.
Our adjustment is on the cable, clutch cover and clutch lever perch.

There's 3 different sets of springs for the Barnett pressure plate.
Gold (lightest)
Green
Red (Hardest)
You wouldn't or shouldn't order any as you don't know what's in there right now.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Do a handlebar/forks flop-test, might indicate loose connection or bad steering bearings. Check for more info in the e-copy of the service manual with supplements: Road Star Warrior Documents
Arizona is that factory service manual with all supplements the latest and greatest download? I need a manual for my '09 and just want to make sure I'm downloading the correct manual.

·
Administrator
28,379 Posts
Arizona is that factory service manual with all supplements the latest and greatest download? I need a manual for my '09 and just want to make sure I'm downloading the correct manual.
Yes. It has 2003 supplement and corrections, and 2005/6 supplement.

If there is a newer supplement I have yet to see it. Always hoping tho.

In the same area as the manual you will find a list of known corrections up to that point in time. Other corrections surface now and again and get posted here in forums. It is what it is. There is nobody managing manuals and compiling and vetting corrections anymore.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts