RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was out on probably my last ride of the year today. It felt like my clutch lever was less tight... it had more space between where it rests and where it engages. Like often times I don’t have to pull the clutch completely to the handlebar to shift but I did now. My first guess was that my clutch may be going bad? I don’t know much about all this so any help is appreciated. The bike has less than 10K on it so I’m not sure how long clutches are supposed to last. Thanks!

·
Registered
2012 Yamaha Roadliner S Midnight
1,039 Posts
Hi trey, let me be the first to go out on a limb here. Slow down a second mate to think it’s the clutch straight up is a bit scary considering that you just might need to adjust your clutch cable. You have only 10k as you say on the clock and in 99.7946% of the time the clutch is fine with that amount of miles/kilometres. Always look for the easiest and usually least expensive option first. Now clutch cables by their very nature do stretch over time so you have to keep on top ( if your a James Bond fan Onatop ) of the adjustment. If your not too sure on how to adjust it properly Warrior Bryan has a good video on how to adjust it😎😎🐝

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi trey, let me be the first to go out on a limb here. Slow down a second mate to think it’s the clutch straight up is a bit scary considering that you just might need to adjust your clutch cable. You have only 10k as you say on the clock and in 99.7946% of the time the clutch is fine with that amount of miles/kilometres. Always look for the easiest and usually least expensive option first. Now clutch cables by their very nature do stretch over time so you have to keep on top ( if your a James Bond fan Onatop ) of the adjustment. If your not too sure on how to adjust it properly Warrior Bryan has a good video on how to adjust it😎😎🐝
Thanks a lot man! I’ll see if I can do that!

·
Super Moderator
2,862 Posts
I would inspect the ends of the Clutch cable because allot of the time they almost suddenly seem to stretch then snap.
Pull your clutch lever and look through the opening you get and make sure the cable isn't fraying.

·
Registered
2012 Yamaha Roadliner S Midnight
1,039 Posts
I would inspect the ends of the Clutch cable because allot of the time they almost suddenly seem to stretch then snap.
Pull your clutch lever and look through the opening you get and make sure the cable isn't fraying.
What he said😎😎🐝

·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts
Here's the video and he also has some others on basic maintenance and mods so you can visualize the process rather than just reading about it. Also cables do not last forever and the OEM cable is a quality piece that is cheap insurance.

·
Registered
71 Posts
As I was out on probably my last ride of the year today. It felt like my clutch lever was less tight... it had more space between where it rests and where it engages. Like often times I don’t have to pull the clutch completely to the handlebar to shift but I did now. My first guess was that my clutch may be going bad? I don’t know much about all this so any help is appreciated. The bike has less than 10K on it so I’m not sure how long clutches are supposed to last. Thanks!
Sounds like your clutch cable may be stranding out, it’s not your clutch, but a new cable might be around the corner. I had two break and it’s not fun. If you stop moving you are done. Best mod I ever did was to adapt a aftermarket m109 hydraulic clutch kit to my warrior. It has a light feel, even with the heavy clutch springs, and great in gaugement. There’s a pic in my gallery.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Sounds like your clutch cable may be stranding out, it’s not your clutch, but a new cable might be around the corner. I had two break and it’s not fun. If you stop moving you are done. Best mod I ever did was to adapt a aftermarket m109 hydraulic clutch kit to my warrior. It has a light feel, even with the heavy clutch springs, and great in gaugement. There’s a pic in my gallery.
Do you have a write up on this mod? Sounds amazing

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
684 Posts
No, I’m new here. It wasn’t too much money, you get everything you need but a mount for the slave, and a connection to the clutch arm, I just made my own.
I just checked out your gallery. You have a super unique build! You should post a thread about it. We would all have so many questions haha. Awesome warrior.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
No, I’m new here. It wasn’t too much money, you get everything you need but a mount for the slave, and a connection to the clutch arm, I just made my own.
I could do some close up pics if you are interested. I just drag out some poster paper, or shoe boxes and make templates, till I get what I want, then make it. That’s a pisser about these bikes, if you want it you have to make it. If you have a forties harley, you can buy stuff for it. I wouldn’t take six harleys for my warrior though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts