RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read an article about someone on a VMAX doing a cluthless shift, is there anything wrong with doing this? Can this cause any transmission/gear problems?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
No problems upshifting on a warrior, I have never purposly downshifted w/o using the clutch.

You must do this correctly to avoid problems but I almost never use the clutch to upshift unless I am just am just cruising around.

1st to 2nd can be missed easily!

The way I do it is to accelerate & keep upward pressure on the shift lever then ever so slightly just "blip" the throttle & it will shift to next gear, release pressure on shifter to reset for next shift & repete.

Practice this several times & you will soon be a pro.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
on the Warrior clutchless upshifting is pretty easy... just very quickly release on the throttle and jam it into gear and apply throttle again.... flawless and smooth... ona 1 to 2 shift when I'm hitting it hard the rear tire might break loose a little giving you that awsome grin...

Now downshifting..... is the opposite.... I blip the throttle just a bit and jam down....might result in a slight chirp from the rear tire from the instant decel if done at high RPMS..... Caution...

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
If done right clutch less shifting is fast and safe. You want to up shift at high rpm by pushing the shifter up moderately while the engine is under full load. WHen you want to shift you simply blip the throttle (close it for a fraction of a second) - that will unload the transmission and will shift into the next gear.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hard launches and general stop n go on highwayAlmost always at high rpm 2k or better 2nd gear slips back into neutral. New clutch, and cable. any suggestions?

·
Banned
5,508 Posts
sounds like the engagement dogs on the second gear might be rounded off and need to be back cut to fix the problem ,its not to bad just take the motor out and split the cases to get to the trans then send the second gears out to get cut and then reassemble ,i hope thats not the problem because its alot of work to fix, but you wont have the problem again after the fix,merry christmas, btk572

1 - 8 of 8 Posts