RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a Cobra Slip On on my bike. It looks good and the sound is great on the highway but not well received in my neighborhood(Yuppie Baby Beemer types) Is there a baffle that can be inserted to tone it down enough that I don't have the local boys in blue knocking at my door?

·
Registered
843 Posts
I have the cobra slip on also. Mine is not loud unless you accelerate aggresively. Take it easy through the residential areas and you should have no problems.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Have some fun with it. I don't know what causes it, but I take some kind of perverse pleasure out of vibrating the windows in really nice neighborhoods. I know, I should know better at my age. And I am a white collar guy and all. But it's still true. This is a bad boy bike. Admit it to yourself and explore your inner "Bad A**".

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Take off the slip-on, start the bike with just the headers on, rev it real good. Then when you put it back on they'll think it's not that bad.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
i have the slip on and a baffle the baffle sounds like crap and seems to make it backfire alot more , but w/o wow i love it but if you have problems w/ discoloration , dont expect them to do anything about it , all you'll get is we dont cover that!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have the Cobra slip-on also, it looks like there is a baffle in it with packing. I have noticed that it sounds a little louder than stock when you are riding normal, but when you awaken the beast, she ROARS!!!!!![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
142 Posts
Carknee, I have the cobra slip-on with pc3 I used the d&d slip-on map of pc site its the 007 map I think I know have bak and I am using the map Girlzwarrior posted it seems to work well the low end my need to be a little richer but I need to test more as weather gets warmer.

·
Registered
209 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Meatball

Have some fun with it. I don't know what causes it, but I take some kind of perverse pleasure out of vibrating the windows in really nice neighborhoods. I know, I should know better at my age. And I am a white collar guy and all. But it's still true. This is a bad boy bike. Admit it to yourself and explore your inner "Bad A**".

Thats what i do with mine[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
73 Posts
[}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]I have the Cobra Drags, they look like they have baffles but holy chit doze baby'z are loud. I agree with DeWarrior, just take it easy through the rez. area. These babys will darn near start out in 5th. (which is a little quieter at lower RPM.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
455 Posts
quote:Originally posted by CarKnee

Dont know about baffles, but are you running a PCIII? If so what MAP are youusing!

Ive been ride testing a map derived from M403-013. Dynojet emailed me and recommended that map but it had some small problems so I've tweaked it to this map M403-013 cobra7. This is not a dyno tested map but is working well for me. By the way, the bike seems to haul quickly thru the mid to upper RPMs. I'm not sure how to send it as an attachment so I'll just paste the numbers here.
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 12 9 8 0 0 0 0 0
0 9 10 12 14 23 16 11 2
0 0 17 13 5 5 2 0 0
0 0 10 10 5 7 10 1 0
0 0 6 6 9 17 21 11 9
0 0 5 6 10 15 13 4 1
0 0 5 6 4 -1 -5 -7 -9
0 0 0 5 5 -3 -7 -10 -12
0 0 0 0 4 -2 -4 -10 -14
0 0 0 0 3 -2 -4 -9 -13
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Shows good off idle & good high end
So far so good no problems coming off of idle or going down to cornering throttle
Derived through ride testing not dyno

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I just took off my Cobra slip-on, it did not have a baffle and I think it is a bit on the obnoxiuos side. Doesnt have that deep roar like the Big Shots. Not bad for the money I paid for it. I would take it over stock.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I just took off my Cobra slip-on, it did not have a baffle and I think it is a bit on the obnoxiuos side. Doesnt have that deep roar like the Big Shots. Not bad for the money I paid for it. I would take it over stock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts