RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,


I am a big fan of Cobra pipes for their quality and sound, and love my buddy's Speedster longs on his VTX 1300. I just called Cobra to ask if they are going to make any new pipes for the Warrior, and Brad at Cobra said they will be making the Speedster Swept style for the Warrior! They said shipments should start in April. These pipes are great because they have a hidden crossover, full-length heat shields, and should have the deep rumble ofCobra pipes. Not to mention they look great on the Raider as well. See here: http://www.cobrausa.com/exhaust_detail.php?make_id=6&model_id=149&product_id=2402#


So don't go out and buy the V&H 2-2 before you check these out! Cobra Part Number will be 2220.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,899 Posts
Re: Youtube Vid on Raider w/these pipes

nice, I wish someone would come out with some shorter swept pipes that had a crossover...until then, I still love my Rineharts...



On a side note, watching that raider on youtube I noticed the front suspension seemed kinda soft as it dipped and traveled quite a bit stopping from slow speeds. I have never ridden one and wonder how they are compared to our Warriors? My suspension on my Warrior does not travel nearly as much, but then again it has the tuned R1 forks....



Bryman said:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,600 Posts
This is pretty funny because I called Cobra many months back (almost a year now probably) and asked about them and was told that not only are they not planning on making the Swept but theywere dropping all Warrior exhaust completely because it wasn't worth their efforts to try and sell Warrior products any longer. It seemed they had pretty much starting doing that but I guess somethings changed their mind. Maybe they rely on V&H to do the market research and if they introduce new product for something then Cobra figures it's ok also? Crazy stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Thats funny, I called today and asked about the radius 2-2 for the warrior and he said that they had plans originally to make them but decided not to make them for the warrior after all..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,600 Posts
highdesert said:
Thats funny, I called today and asked about the radius 2-2 for the warrior and he said that they had plans originally to make them but decided not to make them for the warrior after all..

Well if V&H has changed their mind about making the Big Radius 2-2 for the Warrior (which they really should) they should get their site updated and remove it. Were you actually meaning the Cobra Swept highdesert? I don't think the people at Cobra really know what the **** they're doing concerning the Warrior to be honest with you and I'll believe they're making the Swept for it when I see it although it's a little late for me now anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Cobra rep, Brad, told me that they saw more demand now for the Warrior and thus are going to make pipes for them again. Apparently they are pretty far along with the Speedster Swepts because he already had a part number and said they were being produced and would be sent to the chromers soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
I hope Cobra follows through on the Speedster Swepts for the Warrior. V&H's Big Radius 2-into-2's are a real disappointment.

If there's a part# for these pipes and they're slated for April, we should be getting a look at them soon...on a Warrior instead of a Raider.

Wonder if they'll be the same length as those for the Raider...I would prefer a little shorter, but need to see the profile on a Warrior.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope so to. My one concern is whether the passenger relocation peg kit would interfere with these pipes. I don't have the relocation yet but would like to add it in the future.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,703 Posts
Bryman said:
I hope so to. My one concern is whether the passenger relocation peg kit would interfere with these pipes. I don't have the relocation yet but would like to add it in the future.

Not a problem. The pipe will never be available. There is probably 1/2 the pipe selection there was a year ago. And it is getting smaller. If you see Dennis Kirk discounting pipes - they are clearing inventory Get your pipe fix Now while there is something to buy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Marco Polo said:
highdesert said:
Thats funny, I called today and asked about the radius 2-2 for the warrior and he said that they had plans originally to make them but decided not to make them for the warrior after all..

Well if V&H has changed their mind about making the Big Radius 2-2 for the Warrior (which they really should) they should get their site updated and remove it. Were you actually meaning the Cobra Swept highdesert? I don't think the people at Cobra really know what the **** they're doing concerning the Warrior to be honest with you and I'll believe they're making the Swept for it when I see it although it's a little late for me now anyway.
ya, I called the number on the Cobra website and the guys seemed sure as can be that they wouldn't be doing one for the warrior. Seems like those guys tell a different story every other day though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Why do you say the v&hs 2n2 is a disappointment when no one has even tested it? Shouldn't one wait and have prove before one makes a statement like that? I for one am glad somebody is making the swept. We'll know soon enough about the V&HS. Lets hope for the best.Besides,the Cobras are about the samething but looks longer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
silvereagle said:
Why do you say the v&hs 2n2 is a disappointment when no one has even tested it? Shouldn't one wait and have prove before one makes a statement like that?
I expected the look of the Warrior/Raider BR-2n2 to be closer to the Harley versions...more curl and consistent thickness. Obviously not talking about performance which should be on par with Big Shots due to the power chamber crossover.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,916 Posts
The performance of the pipe will probably be fine. It's the design that they've come up with that's so lame and disappointing.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,916 Posts
Well I think they look tons better than the V&H BR 2-2.

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!!

Cobra is making the Speedster Swept for the Warrior and it should be available sometime in May. I spoke with Mike.at Cobra and he said they are in manufacturing. He even gave me the part number for the Warrior version. #2222.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That is interesting. Brad at Cobra gave me PN #2220. I wonder if they are going to make different versions?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,916 Posts
I doubt they're making two different versions. It tough enough to get any manufacturer to make anything for the Warrior. As far as the part number is concerned it makes no difference. At least we know they are making the pipes.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top