RS Warrior Forum banner
81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Roadstar Warrior 1700
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Can you post pics of both sides of your PC5 including the complete part# etc.

Also, what wire from the PC5 is/was connected to what wire(s) on the ignition coils?

See where I'm headed?
i covered up my serial number but part number 22-091 from Dynojet. Its smeared on my barcode. Red circles wires are the ignition coil wires that i was able to unplug and the bike would start easily

Bottle Plastic bottle Liquid Electrical wiring Gas

Bumper Audio equipment Gas Font Eyewear
Bag Rectangle Circuit component Luggage and bags Audio equipment

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,487 Posts
You have the correct set-up.

When you make the coil connections, is there a written diagram naming the wire colors and their connections to the bike wire colors and coil(s)?

The coils fire in sequence (not in unison). I'm not finding an install wiring diagram.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
You have the correct set-up.

When you make the coil connections, is there a written diagram naming the wire colors and their connections to the bike wire colors and coil(s)?

The coils fire in sequence (not in unison). I'm not finding an install wiring diagram.
From Dynojet website you can download the instructions for installation. Yes the instructions name/label wires by color to plug in to certain spots. Here’s a link for install instructions.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,487 Posts
I see it now. I've had a Cobra CVT for so long I've forgotten some things about PC's so need to dig it up and verify. Thanks.

So the PC5's ignition-coil side has troubles, which you confirmed by disconnecting and the bike runs fine. I have to admit that I considered that the wiring connections were reversed (primary wiring for jug1 coil connected to PC5 coil2 wiring). But it sounds that's not the case. Sux.

Are you just gonna run the fuel manager function?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
I see it now. I've had a Cobra CVT for so long I've forgotten some things about PC's so need to dig it up and verify. Thanks.

So the PC5's ignition-coil side has troubles, which you confirmed by disconnecting and the bike runs fine. I have to admit that I considered that the wiring connections were reversed (primary wiring for jug1 coil connected to PC5 coil2 wiring). But it sounds that's not the case. Sux.

Are you just gonna run the fuel manager function?
its still under warranty. Already sent it in for work/replacement. Now its just waiting until i get it back. I would like to have the coil portion of the tuner work so that i can expand mods later down the line.

·
Premium Member
5,245 Posts
Was this an older PC5 or the newer PC5 that has the ability to control timing. The older unit could not but the revamped the PC5 and now it it built in.

Can't wait for them to do this for the Raider/Liner.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Well new PCV installed and same issue woth hard start. So im leaving the ignition coil portion of the harness off and running factory ignition and utilizing the pcv for the fuel map. Bikes running great. Has all its power and easy to start. 2 successful days in a row. I have the unused portion of the harness talked into an area where it can’t be damaged and wrapped up on the ends so that I might be able to utilize it later on down the road if I decide to go with larger mods that would need ignition timing changes

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,487 Posts
In the old days some would manually file the trigger wheel to advance slightly. Needed a spare oem trigger wheel to undo it. Figured I would ask if the PCV system actually works on this bike because a hint of advance is an awesome ride.

Separate, check this out:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
In the old days some would manually file the trigger wheel to advance slightly. Needed a spare oem trigger wheel to undo it. Figured I would ask if the PCV system actually works on this bike because a hint of advance is an awesome ride.

Separate, check this out:
Whats a trigger wheel? New to the terminology

81 - 95 of 95 Posts