RS Warrior Forum banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Roadstar Warrior 1700
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Alright, bike is plugged in for the next 16 hours. Possible start circuit/fuel injection relay? Or starter relay? One thing I have noticed is I don’t always hear the fuel pump prime when the start switch is turned on. I’ve been trying to listen for it more lately. Thought when I ran the diagnostics the pump primes every time

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
After 16 hours on the shorai charger, the result is the same. 2 cranks and falls on its face. Fire second attempt with a little throttle roll. I have tried rolling the throttle in previous attempts and it’s hit or miss whether it helps or not. Picking up new spark plugs this morning and will be changing out. Lord knows, but they’re probably original. Everything else on this bike was when I got it. At least I’ll be able to take bad spark out of the equation

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Here’s a picture of the battery I’m using for reference.

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Hummm....

Maybe you just got a bad battery

Try a different battery and see what happens

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,738 Posts
You recently bought that battery. Call the seller to swap out. If no luck then call Shorai directly. Tell them you have already correctly attempted to condition and charge, and the battery has not performed well from day 1.

I've seen a couple members over the years actually get a bad battery. It happens no matter what kind of battery it is.

When the new one arrives follow instructions for first charge.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
You recently bought that battery. Call the seller to swap out. If no luck then call Shorai directly. Tell them you have already correctly attempted to condition and charge, and the battery has not performed well from day 1.

I've seen a couple members over the years actually get a bad battery. It happens no matter what kind of battery it is.

When the new one arrives follow instructions for first charge.
I tried that. the store put a shorai cell tester on it and said it was good. They wouldn’t swap it out. But while changing the plugs i did find a broken coil wire so I’m sure that’s not helping my case. Wire slipped right out the boot like someone stuck it on there. Spark plugs look decent. Straps are it little ashy but porcelain is pretty clean.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Do these just stick on or are they supposed to be permanent? Edit * Nvm found the answer to that, so we’re good there *

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Here’s a couple under tank pictures that you asked for earlier.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hummm....

Maybe you just got a bad battery

Try a different battery and see what happens

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk
Yeah I’m charging the battery that’s out of my buddies bike right now and I’m gonna try it

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Well I just got six successful starts in a row with a new plugs in it. I’m still not sold on the idea that that solved it but maybe if that coil wire was that loose that could cause it to stumble? I’m gonna let the bike sit for a few hours and then go out and try it again

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Up to 10 Successful starts in a row. Fires between 1-2 cranks no throttle roll. Just took it around the block about 100 miles. By the feel of my Butt Dyno it feels like it’s running healthier. Less popping and smoother acceleration. Will continue to monitor. Fingers cross

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Didnt plug the bike in last night (on purpose). Went to start in the morning, fired right up. Bike sat at work 7 hours and fired right up again. Looking promising so far

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Well after 3 successful days, this morning it stumbled while starting and clock reset. Took 3 additional cranking attempts to fire the bike

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,738 Posts
Connect the charger like I described before so it goes into recovery mode. Let's see how long that lasts. It might become necessary to meter the voltage rectifier-regulator and also the magneto output (see manual). You already checked all the electrical couplings for corrosion etc.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts