RS Warrior Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Roadstar Warrior 1700
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Well I’m back from Alaska and man what a beautiful trip that was. awesome scenery. Wouldn’t you know it though went to try to start the bike this morning and it took about five minutes of me messing with it to get her going. Very slow crank, clock reset, with multiple attempts to start. I’m trying to get a hold of another relay box assembly try that out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Was on shorai tender while i was gone the whole time. Battery voltage is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Yup we went through that already. Might rig up some larger gauge wire for main power and grounds too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I’m installing max air engineering‘s flamewire X2 kit today to see if that makes a difference. Its 4gauge wires for pos/neg battery and starter to relay

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
I’m installing max air engineering‘s flamewire X2 kit today to see if that makes a difference. Its 4gauge wires for pos/neg battery and starter to relay
Report back how it was to install, I bought one of these kits and have yet to install it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Report back how it was to install, I bought one of these kits and have yet to install it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
The install went pretty smooth. I took the battery completely out just to give me a little more room and then I took the side cover off of the little reserve tank. I was able to use zip ties to tie the new starter cable to the old one and snake it through. You just Gotta be patient and take your time. The kit comes with two instruction sheets that are pretty well written. I’m putting everything back together right now and will report back to see if this is helped my hard start issue. But the kit seems very well-made overall happy with the quality.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Will have to have biggest difficulty of the flamewire install is getting battery cables, other wires and ecu tucked back in. The 4 gauge terminal wires dont bend easy so i had to cut a corner off the ecu/wire tray so it could stick through.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts