RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My 02 Warrior came with the front facing filter cover on the right side of my bike. I like the look of the coffin and want to run my crankcase vents into it when I do my V-Bak upgrade.
does anybody have the whole unit in decent shape? I’m looking to get it shipped up to Canada if I can’t find local...
Pm me

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,879 Posts
There is a black plastic undertank silencer airbox that some call a coffin.

There is a right side chrome airbox with snorkel that some call a coffin.

Sometimes it's wise to get onto a dealer website and browse to their oem parts page, then select your bike, then browse to parts views and write down the Yamaha name and part number. It can really save your bacon.

I imagine you know what you want. But I also imagine many others will be uncertain so may not reply.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve already received a message containing my desired product. I appreciate the request for more details. You guys are running a pretty rad forum here. Greatly appreciate it 👏🏼

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,435 Posts
Hello,
My 02 Warrior came with the front facing filter cover on the right side of my bike. I like the look of the coffin and want to run my crankcase vents into it when I do my V-Bak upgrade.
does anybody have the whole unit in decent shape? I’m looking to get it shipped up to Canada if I can’t find local...
Pm me
By "front facing filter", do you mean the Speedstar intake? It looks like this:

If so, you should be able to sell that for a few dollars. It's a pretty highly sought after piece of kit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

View attachment 251977

If so, you should be able to sell that for a few dollars. It's a pretty highly sought after piece of kit.

View attachment 251977

Yea that’s the one, do you know why some warriors came with that? I prefer the coffin style myself.

·
Registered
162 Posts
It is a factory accessory that some people like. Many people remove all of it and use a " BAK,big air kit"
If you are wanting to remove it and swap with the larger chrome triangular air box, you can.
I'll buy your smaller cover.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m thinking of doing a DIY VBak possibly. Was going to get a coffin to run the crankcase blowoff filters into. Then clean up the left side possibly? Or maybe keep what’s there...
Hadn’t put much thought into selling the ram air box.

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,435 Posts
Yea that’s the one, do you know why some warriors came with that? I prefer the coffin style myself.
Like DEC said, it's a factory accessory. A lot of guys prefer that one over the coffin for looks and/or performance (I can't speak to the gains, but it was part of the factory Stage IV kit so I assume it helped). I'll be doing a VBAK soon but will be keeping the scoops (I recently acquired the right AND left side Speedstar scoops) for looks (and maybe storage, we'll see).

Like I suggested, you can get a few dollars for your scoop and it sounds like DEC is ready to take it so there you go! :cool:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I do not know if you ever got your piece that you wanted, but i recently removed mine that i had modified to a storage compartment. The "chrome" part pops off and you can put small items in there and then pops back on with locking latches.. i have the whole thing including the bottom grommet mount that bolts in between your pushrod covers that i would be interested in trading for your cover or just selling outright if you do not want to part with your cover. I live in western NY so shipping to Canada wont be too bad i believe.

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,435 Posts
I do not know if you ever got your piece that you wanted, but i recently removed mine that i had modified to a storage compartment. The "chrome" part pops off and you can put small items in there and then pops back on with locking latches.. i have the whole thing including the bottom grommet mount that bolts in between your pushrod covers that i would be interested in trading for your cover or just selling outright if you do not want to part with your cover. I live in western NY so shipping to Canada wont be too bad i believe.
I’d be interested in seeing some pics of your modded coffin? I was just telling someone on the Facebook group about modding intakes for storage. There are instructions for the Speedstar scoop mod but I haven’t actually seen a coffin made for storage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts