RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can install the Yamaha Boulevard windshield and a Memphis fats on the Warriors fork tubes or will the mounting hardware interfere? I would like to keep the Fats for long rainy trips but remove it and use the Boulevard in nice weather. ( too much wind buffeting at highway speeds with the Fats.
bnpain

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I have the Boulevard and have considered buying a ClearView sheild. Both use the same mounts but the ClearView is 4" wider and has versions that are 4" and 8" taller. When you buy a ClearVire it does not come with mounts so you have to have the Boulevard first, but this makes the ClearView reasonably priced.
I'm not sure about the Memphis.

·
Administrator
28,385 Posts
The Memphis brackets will interfere with the Boulevard windshield. For years we had nothing. Now the Clearview will bolt onto the Boulevard bracket. But the Memphis is nice with the color band on it. I put one on my wife's bike with a purpose-build Honda bracket but can't find one for the Warrior that looks like it belongs there. The way they mount on the tubes they look like an 'afterthought' to me. IMHO of course!! If you mount a Memphis post pics okay?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, Yes I do have the Memphis installed already. I was hoping to mount both, probably should have researched more before buying the Memphis. I have my bike stored in a unheated garage and it's too cold to take pics right now. If someone has the Boulevard installed and could post some close up pics of the Boulevard bracket mounted on their Warrior ,I'm sure other members would really like to see them. This would give me a clear picture of hoe to attack this problem.
bnpain

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
There are a lot of Boulevards installed. Try a search or go to the gallery. My gallery does't show a close up but you could get a fell for the total look.

·
Administrator
28,385 Posts
The Boulevard brackets mount to the sides of the tach housing using the four button-head bolts:
http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/accessories/acscitem500/5/60/119/476/all/1/878/0/main/itemdetail.aspx

You might find installed close-ups in the galleries (although mine doesn't show a close-up either). It may be possible to fab some 'blocks' to bolt your specific Memphis Shades screen to the Boulevard brackets without changing the hole position of either AND maintaining the bolt-angle of the Memphis so bolting it tight to the brackets doesn't flex/crack the shield. Maybe a wood prototype could be milled from billet. But it doesn't seem worth the expense. Its easier to pull the brackets.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have the Boulevard and it is but five to ten minutes to pull it off or put it on, so making the fittings to interchange the different mounting styles seems like a lot of work.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There's really nothing to it as the clamps strap onto the forks and the plates are permanently mounted to the shield. So I don't think the boulevard plates will interfere. As previously mentioned the boulevard mounts to the tach housing. I really think the boulevard is about the best looking of all I've seen, but I still need the Fats for those monsoons I always get stuck in going to Laconia and Americade.
bnpain

1 - 10 of 10 Posts