RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member. I currently ride a Yamaha FZ-1 and have always owned sportbikes. I am looking for a cruiser and the Warrior seems to be my answer. My question is regarding comfort. I want something that I could take long trips on as well. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have an FZ6. Thats my commuter. I take the Warrior on weekends and short trips like to Americade. I live in New England by the way. I don't have bags or anything like that on it. I just don't like the looks of anything on it. If I need more than a backpack full of stuff than I just won't go. Thats why my next bike is going to be a Kawasaki Nomad. Always liked that bike. So in my opinion everyone needs at least 3 motorcycles.

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
We did rides from coast to coast on our Warriors. With a good seat and forward control, maybe a windshield if you like and you are all set.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I've done some long rides, but I wouldn't want to do it with out my Mustang seat and windshield.

·
Administrator
28,979 Posts
Jump: http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47090

quote:Originally posted by morgaj1

I am a new member. I currently ride a Yamaha FZ-1 and have always owned sportbikes. I am looking for a cruiser and the Warrior seems to be my answer. My question is regarding comfort. I want something that I could take long trips on as well. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys! I laid my FZ1 down yesterday in the rain. Hit an oil spot and the bike came out from under me. I have been riding for years and this is my 2nd wreck. Once my FZ1 is fixed, I am going to get a Warrior. I can't wait!

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Sorry to hear about your wreck, hope you are okay and welcome to the site. Good luck with your FZ, and your Warrior shopping.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
yeah bro sorry to hear about the spill but like all the others have said,,,, a good seat and possibly forward controls depending on how tall you are. i dont care about the windshield myself however it would be good for long rides on the highway. but one thing i can promise is that you wont regret buying a warrior. good luck shopping and send us some pics when you get it

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Bummer about the wreck. Glad you're okay and welcome. +1 on the seat.

·
Registered
252 Posts
+1

I did an 850 mile trip (one way) no windscreen, stock contols... it's all in the seat, it's all in the seat, its all in the seat.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Mustang tour seat, cruise pegs and your good to go. I have done several 300 mile days with no complaints

·
Registered
449 Posts
morgaj1,
Just one word of caution regarding moving from sportbike to cruiser. The foot pegs are out in front not under ya. I've done this. Welcome to the forum. Your FZ1 should be somewhat comfy, but it's not? Like everyone says the seat should be changed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts