RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 3000 mile trip comming up and I'm Sorry Folks, but the Warrior really isn't that comfortable to ride long distance. It wasn't designed to be a tourer, but I think I have found a easy solution.

I've changed the seat and the Corbin Stinger is the best. However on this trip, I need to take my Corbin Dual Tour (OK). I've put on Yami Mini Floor boards, Better, Yami TT bars, Better.

But I found these little foot pegs from EMGO ( http://www.emgo.com/main_layout.htmland ) and their mounting brackets at my local motorcycle store and they are perfect for long distance, chunkin out the miles. I haven't scrapped them around any corners yet, but, I don't use the Warrior as my Canyon racer. Also, I wouldn't stand on them, they will rotate. But to set your feet on and knock out a 400 mile day they are great. Very, very comfortable riding position. Plus the muffler side folds up and isn't to butt ugly, goofing looking when not in use and the belt side, you hardly notice.

Both pegs are at the same height and clears the side stand without any problems.

On the Muffler side of the bike I had to buy a longer foot peg post and the dealer had one in the box, I bought 2, but only needed one. Easy to install, and really doesn't look that goofy, considering how comfortable the ride is now.

Also on the muffler side I had to move the Brake line, Grind off the sharpe edges of the Foot peg post I bought to remove the sharp edges and zip tie the hose to the frame. This eliminated any possibilitie of the line chaffing and getting a hole rubbed thru it.

Also on the Muffler side, I had to grind down the Top part of the Foot peg clamp and soft aluminum washers about I/16th of a inch to clear the cases. Didn't want any rubbing there either.

Took about a hour to fab and install and 8 months to figure out how to move the pegs.

Now it only takes about 15 mins to add or remove.

Hey how do you like my Rattle Can Paint job on the Tank?

G

·
Registered
205 Posts
That's a cool idea, looks good too. You're doing 3K on a warrior? You're an animal, lol.
TT bars have a little more pullback than stock? Bars are my next mod and I'm researching everything.

·
Vendor
230 Posts

Hey how do you like my Rattle Can Paint job on the Tank?

G[/QUOTE]

Nice looking paint on the tank. Did you use a clear coat on the top?

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
I use my passenger pegs as my alternate foot position. I have the Phat Forward controls. That is good enough for me. I did about 2.5 in 1 1/2 weeks. The only thing I need is a back rest and windshield.

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spleeve, Love It. LOL Next step is to break up all that Red. Hey if I can get a picture of that, I can have the guy in Barstow make up a decal. The paint was Duplicolor Barcelona metalic Red. With clear coat on top.

G

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did over 100 miles of freeway riding today and the new peg locations is fantastic. I had about a 20-30 mile tailwind riding up to Barstow and that made it even nicer.

I wanted to keep on going to Vegas, but UPS was dropping of my New Scala Cardo G4 head sets this afternoon. I didn't feel like playing the "Go find the Mail Game" with the neighbors this afternoon.

G

·
Registered
6 Posts
questions 'bout the peg install

looks great!! i think this is what i need to do to mine!! i've got a 425 mi. (each way) trip comin' up at the beginning of next week--would you happen to have the part #'s for the set-up??:D

Thanx....

Bruce Garrett
Austin, TX area

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bruce

The footpeg and clamp set is EMGO p/n is 50-85408. It was around $25.00 I don't know the long square bar for the pipe side of the bike p/n. The Motorcycle store had them in their misc part bin sitting in a corner.
If you call EMGO up they can probaly help you cause if you look on their webside, they offer to build up footpegs to any length. So, you should be able to get the bar from them.

This is where the pegs should be on the bike. Just knocked out another hundred. What a difference.

G

looks great!! i think this is what i need to do to mine!! i've got a 425 mi. (each way) trip comin' up at the beginning of next week--would you happen to have the part #'s for the set-up??:D

Thanx....

Bruce Garrett
Austin, TX area

·
Registered
996 Posts
Speaking of comfort on long trips, another mod worth it's weight in gold (for me anyway) is the Brakeaway Cruise control. Kinda pricey aroung $200, but well made.

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update on the Pegs. They are fantastic. Really comfortable. On those long desert Straights a real god send.

Adam, The Footpegs by the controls are the Yamaha Mini Floor boards. Bought them off the 4m about a month ago. A Great Member sold them to me. They pop up from time to time on the 4m.

Danny, for 25 bucks they are probaly the cheapest mod to do plus for freeway miles great. I haven't scraped them yet around any corners either. I actually think the forward controls will hit before they do. Next Tuesday a bunch of us are going to do Angles Crest Hwy. This will be the true test.

Speeve,, The bags are Saddlemen's Slant-n-Cruise with E-Z brackets. Love these little gems too. I bought them off another Great 4M member. I swear these guys are great. Last week, I made some little Sheetmetal Liners to fit inside them. This allows me to pack all my gold bars in them without sagging. Any soft luggage will start to sag a little, if you don't put in a little liner. If you haul anything heavier than ping pong balls, think about adding a liner. Some guys use plexi-glass I went straight to the big fix. Also last week, I added a Cobra luggage rack. Had to modify the E-Z brackets a little, plus find longer cap head screws. But it came out perfect. I'll post some pics on these latests mod.

Young,,, Yea, I got to look into that.

G
T

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Just saw this one. Great discovery. I will check these out. The only thing that I don't like about my Warrior, is that it gets real uncomfortable on the high-speed road trips.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Some good ideas there. I doubt you will find TT bars to be more comfortable than stock in the long run. When we go on a trip, Lisa soon wants to trade bikes because I still have the stock bars.
She has the TT bars and it's partly position and also the fact they vibrate more. The stockers have lead plugs in them that counter vibration.

Everybody is different though. Maybe that position will suit you better. I did a 4500 mile trip a couple years back with stock bars, stock pegs (02-03 position) , Corbin Young Guns seat, no windshield and I had a great time .... of course I was only about 47 years old then.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I use my passenger pegs as my alternate foot position. I have the Phat Forward controls. That is good enough for me. I did about 2.5 in 1 1/2 weeks. The only thing I need is a back rest and windshield.
Crescent, if you got the Phats forwards, you're good. I've found that a windshield knocks my head around at any speed faster than 75mph. And as far as the backrest goes, with TTs and forwards, you can't really lean back anyway. When I go on all day trips, a full face and Advil is all I need.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts