RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
You know what they say, third times a charm. It's funny I was just watching a show where they were showing the "new" Indian but between the filming of that segment of theshow and the release of it is when they went back out of business so they had to mention that and I told the wife I'll bet money that we'll see Indians being made again in a few years (and then stop being made yet again). I wasn't aware they already were back. It looks as if this is a whole new ownership? I was told about 6 months ago that the previous ownership was still making Indian parts so that's why I was assuming he'd start building them again but I guess he sold the rights or something. Crazy time to get back into it when so many are stepping out.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I have always liked the Indians because there are so few of them around. I wouldn't leave it stock, but plenty of stuff to do to it. High price does suck, and will kill it.

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Reminds me of the timea dresser pulls up along side ofme at a stop light & the guy says

"is that the Chief?"

I replied "nope, itsa Warrior".

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Holy cow, I can't imagine anyone seeing anything in a Warrior to make them assume it's any Indian much less the Chief. That's completely bizarre.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
IMO, it will fail not only because of high price but because it is basically another Harley clone with no added value. The Power plus engine is a S&S Evo based powerplant and really there is no innovation to distinguish it from the other bikes it will be competing against. I think using S&S new X wedge would have been a better choice since it is drastically different from the Evo or the Twinkie motors in appearance and sound and it makes healthy torque and hp numbers. Additionally it meets current and future EPA requirements. I am sure the head guys at Indian thought of all this and there is a reason they went with the Power plus motor, I just don't see why. I like Harley's but if I am going to buy a cruiser that isn't a Harley, it will be another Yamaha.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
You know there will be a decent handful or two of the IRG who will buy it at those prices just to be a part of this latest step in history but for the most part I can't imagine near enough people truly buying into it being an Indian enough to pay that. I hope I'm wrong though, it would be nice to have America's original motorcycle company back for good even though I can't ever imagine owning one and have yet to see one that I care for.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Saw an Indian in red and cream while I was riding thru El Paso on my way back to Dallas this past Saturday. Passed it and what looked like a Big Dog. The Indian was ridden by a gal and both looked pretty good. Gotta love that script Indian on the tank. The two riders looked my way but were too cool to acknowledge as I slowly passed them and gave 'em a thumbs up. Blasted a beep beep on my air horn and drove on by.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
ooooo them'ol cast iron indians are back!... great. "them aluminum jap bikes just couldnt keep up with my heavy cast iron, theyre always all over the road cuz theyre not heavy enough," said the crazy hillbilly.

That is a bit salty tho.. wow!

chris

·
Registered
742 Posts
I owned a Kawi 800 drifter, it was a great bike, plenty fast and turned lots of heads, of course those are also out of production now too....

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
Churchkey said:
Reminds me of the timea dresser pulls up along side ofme at a stop light & the guy says

"is that the Chief?"

I replied "nope, itsa Warrior".

I had that happen to me at work. To this day that guy thinks I have an Indian. Why, I do not know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts