RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering what anyones dealer said to them about what they had done to there Warrior while it spent time sitting at the dealership for the recall. We have some awesome rides here. I got bathed with compliments when I went to get mine back, The paint, The chrome, The tire... Just about every male employee came by to talk to me about the bike while I was there. I had guys tell me that it inspired them, that now they see what can be done to a stock Warrior they were considering getting one. One of the parts guys asked if I would consider taking $20,000 for it, Yes he was serious, I said no thanks (I've spent more than that). Although starting over wouldn't be so bad. I felt great leaving there. Nobody has really seen it since the paint and 240 kit were put on. There were three guys waiting for me to leave so they could here it go, I gave them redline through fourth gear. It was about 60 out and sunny, I felt so nice to be back on the bike. Now it's 33 outside while I sit here typing this.

Yager, I wore my JD shirt, you may get some sales, it was a big hit.

They are insisting I come back once the TURBO is done, this is getting fun.

I have to admit it took a while to find a dealer that gives a crap about it's customers, but it'll be worth it in the long run. It's a shame that I have to drive 50 miles when there is a dealer only 10 miles from here.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cycle Design in Phillipston, MA. And yes, they have another recall kit in stock(w/new rings)and they don't have a waiting list for Warriors. The dealership is in the middle of nowhere in upper western MA.

I am on three other lists, No's 3, 11, and 15. I have not been called by any of them.

The bike came back detailed, spotless, full of gas and they only charged me for parts on the clutch, no labor gouging.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Btwn. Gardner and Athol. Rode Rt. 2 hundreds of times while going to N. Adams from Walpole (yeah there's a prison there. LOL). Glad everything worked out for ya, I was sure it would.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
thats a good story. nice to kow there are still people that care. i get mine back on weds and hope it goes as well. when are you getting the turbo?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not gonna be much more than the Speed Star kit (once installed) if you bought the whole schmeal. Besides, gotta be different.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
for now i'll stick with my HC pistons and 31t pulley, this winter i'll do NOS. that ought to be plenty fun on tap. let us know how it goes

·
Registered
196 Posts
quote:Originally posted by DNGrumpy

I am on three other lists, No's 3, 11, and 15. I have not been called by any of them.

So does this mean you have 4 recall kits ordered for your bike, one for each dealer that you are in line with?

·
Registered
196 Posts
The reason I was given for my bike to have to be held hostage at the dealer (since 3/11) is that some owners were calling multiple shops and ordering kits from each one and then going to whoever got the kit first. Seems Yamaha wants to be sure that the kits are actually needed where they are shipping them.

I want to understand this process better. Was the dealer who took your VIN# the one who actually did the work?

·
Registered
210 Posts
The service manager said that my bike got quite a few comments especially about the 'flush' Rineharts while it was waiting to be picked up after the recall work was done. I found this interesting because there is nothing really remarkable about my bike(e.g. no custom paint, no chrome, no 240 kit) just a few add on pieces like fairing, lower cowl, TT Fat bars, SS Scoop, mud flap removal kit etc.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The one dealer who took my VIN way back in January is the one who has me as number three is still telling me it will be September before they have a kit for my bike. I'm guessing they will figure out eventually that it got done already. And no that's not the way it works. All dealers will get the kits, supposed to be two on the first shipment. I happened to call around and found a dealer with two kits and no Warriors waiting to be fixed, I jumped on it. The service Mgr. told me he was unaware that was a waiting list anywhere, they didn't order the kits specifically, they were for stock. As of Monday they still had a kit in stock and no nike to fix. The kit has been sitting there for almost a month. DarkStar has since called and reserved the kit, he goes in Saturday.

They had been instructed to fix any customer bikes that were "AT" the dealership when the kits arrived before doing the bikes on the floor, If there were no customers bikes then do the sales floor before going to any list. The lists were up to the dealers, not YAMAHA.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
After talking to the GM at the local shop, I found out that they have already done FIVE recalls as of this week. They claim to have another kit coming in this week, which, if all goes as planned will end up going in the bike I buy tomorrow.

After reading the posts here, I asked about how many of the mechanics had had their hands on the rebuilds. Two of them have. 1 did 1, the other did 4. Supposedly, the one with 4 builds is into draggin' of sorts, so I plan to speka to him about what he would do while the cases are split if HE had the opportunity.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts