RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I need Warrior gift ideas for my brother. He has some basic tools (wrenches, socket set, screw drivers) but I am wondering if there are any other 'nice to have' tools for wrenching on this bike, or any bike in general? I know a good torque wrench in invaluable in auto mechanics, how about with bikes? What would a good range be for a torque wrench for the Warrior be? Is there a need for a timing light on these engines or are they all electronic advance? Any other tool thoughts? Any other non-tool motorcycle x-mas gift thoughts? Thanks for the help! Oh yeah, shooting for the $50 range!

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
With that price range, wont find any torque wrenches. But a good pack of ball end metric allen wrenches would be good $12. An AIS removal runs in the $20 range. An Aluminum polishing/buffing kit runs about $30. If interested pm me and I'll give you some web sites to find these things.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Bike lift is a great idea. I want one! Send an email to my wife! According to other posts, minimum cost for bike lift might be $60 at Pep Boys, others mentioned $80 at Sears I think. They discussed it in the "how to change oil" section by Carnee.

Warrior clothing is another idea. Check www.starmotorcycles.com I like the hat.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I posted a question about a torque wrench not to long ago. One recommendation was Harbor Freight. Google harbor Freight then search for tourque wrench. I think you will find what you want. Also do a search on the site for torque wrench and you can read the post and replys.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
143 Posts
These might be pretty nice. . .

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Mechanics+Tools&pid=00942515000&vertical=TOOL&subcat=Wrenches&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
See if he has a...

Torque Wrench (10-100ft*lbs)

Bike lift

Set of Ball end metric allen wrenches (very useful on this bike)

Or...buy one of Darkstar's oil pressure gauges...they are easy to install and make a great gift.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts