RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need a special power commander cable to hook up to my computer or will a regular old PC 2.0 cable work? This is my first attempt to do programs. Maybe I'm missing steps. I will keep reading and pushing buttons and see if I can get somewhere.

·
Registered
206 Posts
you need to have the key on, possibly even running, i dont remember its been a little while. but your cable should work.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just tried it with the bike running. Computer still says " no power from power commander". I think I might need a different cable.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only reason I'm doing this is to see what's going on in the PCIII. I'm getting a good exhaust pop when I shift between gears. Not all the time but enough to piss me off. I want to down load a few programs from here to see if it helps. Yes, I do have the block off plates. Yes, I know a custom dyno tune is the way to go but I'm a DIY kind of guy. I at least want to give it a try.

·
Premium Member
4,377 Posts
Exactly what Snow said. Most of the old school USB could only send a charge but not enough to send data. I had to go out and buy a cable as I went thru the same thing you are going thru.

·
Administrator
30,104 Posts
Ok someone has to ask the groaner questions for complete clarity. You tried using the PC3USB with its dedicated 9v adapter and you had no power to the PC3USB. didn't matter if key was on or off or if motor was running or not. Separately you started the bike and still you have no power to the PC3USB. No lights nothing.

The buttons on the face are manual adjustments just leave them where they were which may have been centered on zero.

Follow the wire from the PC3USB forward between the jugs to the TPS. Check the PC3USB wire connection to the yellow TPS wire for corrosion or loose. If the wires do not connect between the jugs right side TPS then check all other wires off the PC3USB at both of their ends and also check for Perfect Install if appropriate.

Lets get past the PC3USB being able an issue. It either works or not when connected correctly.

There are install instructions in the Documentation forum. Plus a software manual. Plus Perfect Install instructions to discover if its already been done.

Be methodical. This is something simple wrong. Read twice then do once.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts