RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought I would pass along this info so knowone else would have the gallery problem that myself and independent lemming had. We had both installed the new internet explore 7 a few days ago . After doing so our gallerys could not be updated properly . We lost the ability to update our list of mods or add new pictures when this program was installed.

So do not install the new internet explorer 7

Hope this helps

Ed \ekmaint [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I have IE7 installed and everything seems to be working fine. About the only thing I haven't tried is uploading some new pictures.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Ed, glad you went ahead and tried reverting back. Working fine now.
Surprising what two gear-heads can do when they beat there heads against the wall long enough.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
quote:Originally posted by independent_lemming

Ed, glad you went ahead and tried reverting back. Working fine now.
Surprising what two gear-heads can do when they beat there heads against the wall long enough.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Id much rather work on a bike than a computer any freakin day [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
ek;

if you want the fix for the problem that you had with ie7, here it is. for what ever reason, billy boy and his evil henchmen made the following setting WRONG on the defaults for ie7.

1) go into ie
2) then tools
3) internet options
4) then general
5) then under "temporary internet files" in the middle of the page
6) you will see a button that says "settings"
7) click the button that makes it check "automatically"
/emoticons/emotion-11.gif we have seen the ie7 install change this to "never" which makes this site and every other one not behave correctly.
9) this should be titled "how i spent my thanksgiving vacation"

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
I did as suggested. No go. Still get it in script form. Running Sun Java platform 2. Since I unloaded it and updated my page, I'm not going to worry about it till next time. Thanks for trying bugei.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Yes mine is the same. Since installing internet explorer 7 i cannot update my mod list in my warrior and gallery. The mods are showing in script. I have tried doing as bungei suggested but i've had no success. any one have a solution ? Thanks ......Frec.....U.K..

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Okay i could go back to IE6 however i like the tab thing and the imbeded rss feeds...
So annyone with the solution for this sh*t

OH and before annyone would come up with the marvelous idea of firefox... i can not use that browser because my SQL server Apliq from inventor will not run with firefox so that's a NO GO

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
You can solve the problem by not using IE ad using Mozilla's FireFox... /emoticons/emotion-5.gif

I should have listened to everyone LONG ago...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts