RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
How would you see this halo light?? Our bikes headlights are always on when the bike is running... i wouldn't want it to be off, as I like being "seen" by others [cars]. Not only would cutting into and resealing the headlamp probably ruin the reflective geometry, the halo ring would block it out also.

not as much of an issue against the fender-less seat light, but not my cup of tea.

Thanks for bringing to our attention Joey, its nice to at least see people trying to think outside the box.

·
Premium Member
7,693 Posts
Hate to see what his back looks like after riding 5 minutes in the rain and eventually i would think that the seat pan will crack and break or the bracket up front will let go and i would hate to be sitting on the bike or should i say road after that happens.

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
My old man has a small 250cc cruiser that he runs 5 miles back and forth to work. He put the halo in white and hooked it to the high beam lead off the headlight plug. He runs it during the day without the incandescent low beam to help save the battery as all his sshort trips by the end of the week his battery needs charged. I though it was a great idea

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
I'm with those who think after a few bumps it'd be torn off and personally I don't care for the Idea of driving a bike without a R. Fender but, It is a lot of stuff for $60. I put a push/pull switch on the lead to my headlight so it can run the riding light or the headlights.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
LD is right, I did one of those and just wired it to the high beam side because it had a shitty little halogen on the high beam when I installed my HID. So now I have a HID on the low beam side and the halo ring on high beam

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
How much additional light does it provide JBat, and how hard was it to cut open and glue back together?
When the HiD is in too you can't even tell the halo is on, however, with just the halo in it puts off enough light to light up in front of you. So at night with street lamps (bar hopping style) it's enough light and in the day it puts off enough light to draw people's attention. But for any actual riding in low light or night obviously the HID is the ticket.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
O and you don't have to cut the light apart, once you remove the small silver ring you just heat up the adhesive with a blow dryer or heat gun and it comes apart. Then you just glue it back together

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
I just want the most light I can get without spending over a grand like Luv2MCC
In retrospect, the biggest bang for the buck, BY FAR, is adding a good HID kit (55 watt). Then I would say adding some lower fork lights, of which there are many options for quality and price.

What I did for my main bulb definitely was over the top...but man am I glad I did! Locally (and on here as well) its been the signature characteristic amongst the local riders, let alone me absolutely LOVING the look of it. I chalk up the budget to 1/2 function, 1/2 cosmetic (helps me sleep at night!). I can appreciate if someone wants to add some personalization/flair with a halo/angel eye kit.

Jbat, your halo looks pretty cool! (pic below)

Im not totally off my rocker; Its not like I bought 2 warriors and welded them together...[wink]!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts