RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan onordering a Rumble over the holidays and would like advice/suggestions from those of you that are owners or have had experience with this seat or Corbin seats in general.

1. I really like the shiny gator for the seating area. Anyone have this and if so, hows the pattern holding up?

2. For the side panels vinyl is recommended. I was thinking of another leather pattern here as well. What are your side panel materials? What do you recommend?

3. You even have the option of having the welts be different patterns. Do any of you have a patterned welt?

4. Any other helpful advice?

I appreciate the feedback fellas.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Nothing helpful here.

I have one.

Bought the basic seat with the default coverings and love it.

I have 40k on mine and it could use a recovering but Corbin wants too much money so I will sit on it until I can't stand it and then I will buy another.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
JamesD said:
Nothing helpful here.

I have one.

Bought the basic seat with the default coverings and love it.

I have 40k on mine and it could use a recovering but Corbin wants too much money so I will sit on it until I can't stand it and then I will buy another.

I had a quote from a local car seat upholstery shop that will do it for $150.00 - $200.00 depending on material.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BJMartin said:
HOY CRAP!

A $600 seat????

I knew they were pricey but WHOA!

Yeah, I know....I've been looking at Ebay and our classifieds since I've been an owner, but no one seems to want to part with one.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
I had one for about 3 months. It came with the bike. It was just plain leather with vinyl sides. As far as comfort is concerned, there isn't one more comfortable out there. It has lots of lower back support and make you feel like part of the bike. In my honest opinion it's not the best looking seat out there, but I'm a solo rider. If my wife rode, however, I'd have one.

I ended up getting a Corbin Stinger and loved it ( sold it because I wanted a true solo). I ordered mine with Baby Alligator seating area and Asphalt Vinyl on the sides and back (no welt any where). You mentioned "Shiny Alligator". Some of the seats look shiny and some don't. Mine didn't but it still looked great.

The reason they recommend vinyl is because it will hold it's shape and last longer on the sides. Otherwise you could end up with wrinkles and eventually some cracking.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
$600 was the price off the Corbin site, I am sure after shopping around or knowing someone you could get it cheaper.

I would sure like to try one sometime though. I have heard good things about them but I honestly havent been uncomfortable on my stock seat yet. 200 miles in a day a couple times with no problems...

If someone had one for sale, i would probably consider it knowing I could resale if I didnt like it.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
BJMartin said:
$600 was the price off the Corbin site, I am sure after shopping around or knowing someone you could get it cheaper.

I would sure like to try one sometime though. I have heard good things about them but I honestly havent been uncomfortable on my stock seat yet. 200 miles in a day a couple times with no problems...

If someone had one for sale, i would probably consider it knowing I could resale if I didnt like it.
That is the problem with Corbin. They stopped selling to vendors who were selling their seat below suggested retail price and pulled inventory from the few vendors who did not want to rip off the customer.

·
Registered
727 Posts
DarkStar said:
BJMartin said:

That is the problem with Corbin. They stopped selling to vendors who were selling their seat below suggested retail price and pulled inventory from the few vendors who did not want to rip off the customer.
As a vendor of Corbin I can tell you they are the worst company in the industry to deal with - well maybe a tie between them and PM - but I too have a Corbin Rumble on my bike. If you want one, let me know. We cannot say we sell below suggested retail...

The worst thing they did was when they stopped selling through Parts Unlimited/Drag Specialties, etc...

·
Registered
670 Posts
Sharp said:
Wow...how can comments regarding a seat be bad enough to delete? Anyone else?

I simply expressed my opinons on the looks of the rumble seat. The post was deleted as to not offend anybodys sensitive fragile feelings.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I have a Corbin Stinger and I've had it recovered already just for a different look and both times I went and got it directly from them. They highly advise against using the patterned leathers for the seating area because they say they never last well.

I've heard from a few members in the past that tried seats with the welts and were really unhappy with those because they cut into their leg which I can easily see even though they don't go all the way up.

On my seat I went with the black leather for seating area (with stitching made to match the Warrior flame paint) and then for the inlaid tribal design on back and the sides I went wanted carbon fiber pattern but couldn't decide between the glossy leather or dull leather pattern so I went with the vinyl because it was in between and more durable than the leathers anyway.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Scoper50 said:
Sharp said:
Wow...how can comments regarding a seat be bad enough to delete? Anyone else?

I simply expressed my opinons on the looks of the rumble seat. The post was deleted as to not offend anybodys sensitive fragile feelings.
Have you ever sat on one? I am in Andover, swing on over and sit on mine - if it doesn't change your mind I will award you a gallon of tap water!

Before you express your opinions on the looks of anything - get rid of that stock pipe on your bike
We have Vance and Hines on sale all month!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I have had my seat for a few years now and I'm not sure I will ever switch to anything else. It is very comfy and since I have the heated version it does come in handy on those chilly morning rides. Wife always said it was OK for comfort but have since acquired a Royal Star for 2-up. I painted inserts to match but other than thatit is stock. Some say it is not the best looking but when you're on it ridin' comfywho cares. There are a lot of other not so cool looking things on our scoots out there so get yours and join in!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
What kind of luggage racks can you put on with these? When I ride 2 up, we usuall are carrying some baggage with us.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks, guys. I like the solo look as well. I took my passenger pillion off and installed chrome caps in the bolt holes. I just want a good two up seat that is comfortable and able to hold a duffel bag or similar if I travel. The stock pillion doesn't cut it for the wifey.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts