RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking into the Rumble Seat, $549 bucks and you still have to buy the Saddle Cream. I mean seriously, they wont throw it in with the seat?

Now, I know Corbin makes the only seat like the Rumble, no one else has one similar BUT

If I can save a couple hundred dollars, and ride just as comfortably for me and my passenger, I can sacrifice that style.

SO, heres what I am looking for. A nice 2 up seat WITHOUT a backrest for driver and a removable backrest for passenger. Which ones are the BEST for both?

OR even better, If ANYONE knows of a way/place I can get a Rumble seat for cheaper, please share. Thanks

·
Registered
670 Posts
Your willing to SACRIFICE the style of the rumble seat? HA! It's the most god aweful seat design ever.It looks comfortable as ****, but the styling is hidious in my opinion. The way I see it, if comfort is that frieken important to you, you should have bought a bagger. I'd go for a seat that actually follows the lines of the bike.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to admit, I thought the EXACT same as you.

I HATED the first few I saw. The more I look at it though, the more I like it. I dont know why. It has DEFINETLY grew on me. I would REALLY like to see one on a Warrior but no one around here has one, and I mean Warrior, let alone a Rumble Seat.

I just figured, my ass is gonna be in the seat, it might as well be comfortable. I am not uncomfortable in the stock seat, but I think it could be better, and like I said, I just have to go for it.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Agree on all fronts. I don't like the looks of the Rumble seat. At all. Every time I see one in pics, I assume the owner knows something that I don't. I also agree that something other than stock would be nice, but I just can't bring myself to spend $300 or $400 bucks on a new seat right now. So many things to do with that same money. For now, I'm riding on the stock seat, and loving it. Every once in awhile I put the stock pillion back on the rear fender when a pretty girl talks me into it...

From everything that I've read, I'm going with Mustang (separate rider and pillion) when I finally decide to spend money on a seat.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Personally, I like the Rumble seat. I wasn't a big fan when it came out, but it grew on me over the years. And the feel is great (for the rider anyway), it really makes you feel part of the bike.

But to get back on topic. About the only alternative I can think of is to have your stock seat foam modded and then add a backrest. The seat mod can be done by any upholsterer or you can check with Crusteel45, here on the site. He mods a wicked seat for around $100 or so. As for backrests for the passenger, my favorite one is the Custom World Sissy Bar. It's low and wide and is much less disruptive to the eye, like most other backrests. I believe you can get them for around $130. Not 100% sure on these prices, just going off of memory, but I think I'm close.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Scoper50 said:
Your willing to SACRIFICE the style of the rumble seat? HA! It's the most god aweful seat design ever.It looks comfortable as ****, but the styling is hidious in my opinion. The way I see it, if comfort is that frieken important to you, you should have bought a bagger. I'd go for a seat that actually follows the lines of the bike.
+1 and....I like the stock seat just fine, I think it looks and feels great.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I already have a backrest for a passenger, I only put it on when necessary though, which isnt much.

From what I am gathering though, no one knows of a place to get Corbin stuff cheaper than from corbin themselves? That sucks. Whats the deal with their prices anyway?

I am having a killer time justifying spending as much for a SEAT and most do for an EXHAUST SYSTEM! lol

Thanks again all.

·
Registered
727 Posts
The Rumble seat is one of the nicest seats you will find for the Warrior. Some people cry that it is ugly - but opinions are like @ssholes... everyone has one - but mine is a whole lot more comfy on my Rumble seat. The Rumble seat looks so much nicer in person too - it doesn't photograph well IMHO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts