RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its about time to starttweakin on my bike to get it ready for thesummer months.. or month here in AK and one of the projects I'm about to undergo is mounting the rear fender to my swingarm. I know others have done this mod but I could definately use some good solid ideas for mounting the fender to it. I have some ideas about how I'm gonna go about it but since I'd like to nail this I would really like to hear all ideas if anyone wants to chip in. I have a pretty smooth idea for blending the seat and rear fender already just looking for some mounting tips and would def. appreciate it. Right on well thanks for taking gander.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Personally I don't think the stock fender (even sectioned) would look good mounted to the swim arm. If you do this I'd suggest buying a fender blank to mount to the swing arm. Kouba's bike: a bit wild but at least you get an idea of a fender blank over the wheel.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I see where your coming from on that, I actually bought a 10.5 fender blank and chopped her down to fit but after messing with the two I found I liked the look of the chopped stock fender with a custom built rolled version of the stock led tailight I just finished and I'm relying on the fenders branch styleinginto the body to help me with the seat gap problem I feel I've found a solution to as opposed to the roll the blank throws along the tire. I like how Koubas bike turned out, it looks wicked evil but I think the nowadays the fender blank is being played out a bit when you consider the work as compared to modifying the stock to work with it as probably a waste of time. Dont get me wrong though this is why I posted this, I wanted advice and all advice is good advice to consider so thanks for the help Wyoming, plus if I fail with the stock fender, fender blank it is..... nice to have a backup haha.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I hope I understand correctly..... you've already modified your already sectioned fender to roll more with the wheel? If so.... PICS!!!!! lol. Actually you might as well post pics of both the blank and the factory to give our brainsa jumpstart and something to work with.

Was going to ask you before.... I suppose you didn't write down your cut measurements for that sectioned fender huh? Just wondering exactly where/how much you cut out. Personally I thought that looked so good I wouldn't even haev messed withit lol.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wyomingwarrior said:
Hey just found this... hope it helps. Cybillized's bike:

Here's the thread link: http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/27613/390700.aspx#390700

**** yeah, thats really helpfull but so much for being original I guess haha. Sorry about that I should've clarified a little better I did alter the flow of the original rear fender but just a tad, figured I might as well since It was the best time during the chop job but the flow of the fender in my pictures is what I stuck with seems to line up very nicely with my 210 when squatted on. What I did curve and mod was the factory tailight I took the original led board out and shaved it down as much as possible then modified the outer portion of the original housing but had to make my own lower profile rear cover, turned out pretty nice in the end. I gotta hunt around for some pictures I took of the "idea" of the fender on the tire (basically just set the fender on the rear tire haha) and it gave me an idea of what I had to shave off the tailight to keep a factory look but still clear the tire smooth. I actually do have measurements I can post here soon just have to hunt them down in the shop but I know I removed exactly 6.75" inches off the fender but I recomend sticking with 6" since I had to make my own tailight mounts to move the light out so it would clear the tire when I sucked up on bumps. But if you go with 6" its a perfect fit..well for a stock rim with a 210 on it. I'll definatly run those measurements down and try to hunt for those pictures to help give an idea of where I'm at mentally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts