RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guys, we are coming into riding season in northern Illinois, but because of this Pandemic and the precautions needed to contain it we are on a lock down. Does anyone understand this order as it pertains to going out for a ride? I cant see the harm unless this virus can land on someone behind me at 70 miles an hour! Not making light I know this is serious but like all of us I am itching for a ride

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello from Northern IL. Well, you are allowed to go to the store. I'd say take the long fun way to your favorite walmart. Or claim that's what you are doing.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I guys, we are coming into riding season in northern Illinois, but because of this Pandemic and the precautions needed to contain it we are on a lock down. Does anyone understand this order as it pertains to going out for a ride? I cant see the harm unless this virus can land on someone behind me at 70 miles an hour! Not making light I know this is serious but like all of us I am itching for a ride
F yeah...sorry for the expletive, but underscores the frustration living in northern f** Illinois. I hate living here. The weather just sucks arse6- 7 months out of the year... Now we have this to deal with. I did the seasonal maintenance last Sunday..temps in the 30s..went for a ride. Saw cops...didn't care...they didn't pull me over. So, your logic is correct. Cannot infect anyone or anything at 90mph... only downside is when I wanted to stop for a warm cup of Joe...everything was closed! Rain foretasted for this upcoming entire weekend...as usual. A few more years I can retire and gtfo of this miserable state.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Well Warrior brothers how are you all doing ? I’m in the Seattle area and it’s almost a ghost town. I’m off work with a broken leg but looks like I’m not going back anytime soon since the virus outbreak, maybe a good time to work on bike , but my leg is still broken and it’s cold , but At least I’m not sick.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Wa state just went to similar, place is a ghost town, I’m just north of Seattle. Ride all you want in the freezing ass cold, I’m not.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
if you are locked down that's a great time to work on your sled. im "essential" so the worse it gets the more I have to work. I guess that's good because I cant really afford to be out of work but it sucks working while the world is off. sorry to hear about your leg man. be careful and let it heal up correctly.

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Well Miami isn't locked down but they want minimal going out, driving and contact. Well took the bike out with a friend and we just cruised for almost an hour with almost no cars last night on the road. At a red light a cop pulls up next to us and lowers his window and says "Finally a nice night to ride" and we all kinda chuckles and went our own way.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
They closed the ocean here in San Diego! Wanted to go out solo fishing, they closed the launch ramps! Rode yesterday, going back to work in an OR at a trauma center tomorrow. 14 days off- San Diego has been locked down for a week. Stay safe everyone!

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Stay cool, be safe. San Diego is on lockdown- they will not even let you go fishing on the ocean! I would agree, super clean the bike, good time for Fork oil, checking every bolt, lubing what you can.
I changed the air in my tires to keep it fresh. Laying low and avoiding people may help the big picture. Why not get a long remote ride in anyways!?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ok I know I live in OZ, from what I’m reading you guys can’t ride because of the virus ??? That makes no sense ( unless you have a pillion ) I’m trying to be serious here because the virus is a serious thing, however I can’t imagine the virus hiding behind a billboard to jump out at you. I know you should keep your glove on while filling up, but to actually stop you from riding seems insane. Now to save anyone from jumping on me from a great height, this is just my opinion.

·
Administrator
27,851 Posts
If you dont ride to where people are its safe enough. But many people are riding / driving to where other people are. And its spreading. So in a few states commuting is not allowed right now, except for food and medicine and emergency needs. But apparently its necessary, examples like Italy and Spain and NYC they are in a real fix. Hope it gets better quick.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well Miami isn't locked down but they want minimal going out, driving and contact. Well took the bike out with a friend and we just cruised for almost an hour with almost no cars last night on the road. At a red light a cop pulls up next to us and lowers his window and says "Finally a nice night to ride" and we all kinda chuckles and went our own way.
Here in Illinois they are pulling people over in droves, not sure what the outcome of that is, just go home or I have to write you a ticket, from what I understand if you get caught twice they can impound your vehicle, that would SUCK!!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
A revision on my last blurb here. Last night our Prime Minister told us minions what they are going to do with regards to the virus. They are seriously considering locking down parts of Victoria and New South Wales as the have the highest incidences of the viruses. As where I live Queensland we could end up being lucky. When I go for a ride I usually have a destination or something like that. I get there do the Griswald took and ride home lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts