RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Massachusetts checking in:
Right now the state is under a "highly recommended" stay-home order. My employer gave us each a letter stating our business is essential, just in case it ever turned 'mandatory' stay-home, but it hasn't yet. I'm actually surprised so many places in the country are mandatory and police pulling people over? I had no idea.

I did go for a nice ride on Sunday, but for the most part the last few weeks have been colder than February was! I wish the weather would change... roads are pretty empty these days. Makes for some nice riding.

I went to Walmart 2 weeks ago. There was a line outside as they were only letting a certain number of shoppers in at any time. I left and went to a grocery store. I would estimate about 75% of the folks in the store were wearing a mask (as was I).
I went to Walmart yesterday afternoon (cold and rainy) on my way home from work and there were very few folks there. I would estimate 30-40% of folks were wearing masks (as was I). Hopefully that is just a reflection of the typical walmart shopper, and doesn't reflect a trend towards people giving up on taking precautions.

Remember: None of the measures taken are intended to prevent you, the individual, from getting the virus. All of the measure are intended for society, as a whole, to catch the bug in a slower, more controllable rate. In my mind, self-isolating at home or on the motorcycle is irrelevant to either.

·
Administrator
28,201 Posts
Announcements from several countries including China indicates that some recovered people are sick now a second time.

I think its more likely confusion, but anxious for WHO/CDC to clarify.

Also it seems confirmed now that somewhere a dog did indeed get it from its owner, and they are trying to decide if they should test to see if other people or others dogs can get it from the host dog. I assumed this first report was ridiculous. Still hoping its wrong.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Checking in From SoCal...
Where all on a self Quarantine state...
Alot of people dont follow the guidelines or recommendations for everyone's sake...

I see parents out with kids some kids have masks on some dont..
But the parents do have them on. N

Saw a couple with a month's old baby in Sam's club...
Kid no mask , but parents do ...

I'm a essential employee so I work my 5 days a week ....

If everyone would just follow the directions and guidelines

Hopefully it all can some how get back to normal...

Everyone stay healthy and Safe

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
260 Posts
Everything is still on lock down here in Ithaca, NY. It's so eerie being here on Cornell Campus while there is next to no one around. I'm used to this in the depths of winter but even then there are still thousands of people on campus. Now I would estimate there are a few hundred at most on the entire campus, almost seems like something out of 28 Days Later! I wish I wasn't essential so I could just stay home and work on the bike and get it running for the season. Be safe and look out for one another!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Update from Australia. All borders are closed. The only way you can cross borders is with a permit. Truckies are exempt. There is basically no domestic flights, but QANTAS and VIRGIN are still being Australians back home. The highways have a high police presence and they are leaving riders alone, but pulling over cars with more than in person in them. So far here in Queensland the police have had out over 1 million in fines for breaches of the stay a home law. Most are obeying the law, but there are some that think they’re Judge Dredd and are above the law, but a $1,500 fine and 3 demerits off your license per individual is a bit of a slug. 11 guys got busted playing cricket in the backyard and each got $1,500 fine each. Next week we will be going to a hall to listen to Lenin, Marx ( not Groucho) and Mao to explain why it feels like Marshall Law. Nah I’m only fooling Mao can’t make it ????

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Whoa.
That's crazy...
Hair Salon open..
Here all those types of business or closed

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Yes I Completely understand
But WE ALL NEED TO FOLLOW the Guide lines so we ALL CAN COME OUT OF THIS

·
Registered
232 Posts
It’s all starting to sound like a Cheech and Chong Sketch.
What did I do during the lock down ?
On the first day I woke up, went down stairs and had some breakfast. I went to the Mall and hung out with my friends ( at a distance ).
On my second day I woke up, went down stairs and had some breakfast. I went to the mall to hang out with my friends ( at a distance )
On my 45th day I woke up, went down stairs and had some breakfast. I got arrested when I went to the mall to hangout with my friends via iPhone.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Just found out a close n good friend of mine got the Coronavirus...
Spoke to him a couple of hours ago.
It's been 10 days now he said., and he's starting to feel better..Said the worst part has passed....

At times you start to question everything that's going on , and than someone close get it , and then just brings everything into perspective...

Stay safe everyone...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Good to hear he is feeling better. 👍
And indeed ....At times you start to question everything that's going on , and than someone close get it , and then just brings everything into perspective..... I cannot more than agree, in the beginning it was "something on the news somewhere in the world", when it comes closer, it becomes reality.

Stay healthy.

·
Administrator
28,201 Posts
The silver lining is that because of the shurdown the seasonal flu rates have been historically low, so far fewer flu deaths. It could be this highlights the numbers of lives that can be saved every year if people stay home at first sign of flu. I am wondering if this is now proof that the asses who knowingly go to work school parties whatever and pass it around are helping to kill many thousands annually, so maybe we need to peer-pressure those, and certainly those at high risk should wear masks during flu season?

These are the lowest flu numbers on record, but with doctor offices closed the numbers of people who got flu could be under-reported. BUT the number of deaths is the lowest ever, which is most telling that we can save lives just by taking glu seriously:
Weekly U.S. Influenza Surveillance Report (FluView)

In my area the cov19 numbers have declined three consecutive weeks and if this continues to decline for two more weeks then it will be good.

What do you all think of this, am I missing something?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts