RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some expert opinions here... with the CPS recall a sign that it has been done is a white dot on the rubber grommet where the harness exits the clutch cover. I dont have a white dot there but i see a white dot on the harness just past the connector under the saddle. Does this also mean it has been done? I include photos of this white dot. Any feedback here will be welcomed

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way the white dot as you can see is on a black piece of shrink wrap thats around the two wires coming out of the connector. Its not on the part of the harness that comes from the sensor into the connector but on the two wires that come out of the connector. The two wires that come from the sensor into the connector are a light grey wire and a dark grey wire. The two wires that come out of the connector are a light grey wire and a black with blue stripe wire.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Man, you make everyone laugh))) Your photo does not exist a crankshaft sensor connector. That this sensor has two wires, we have already said in a neighboring topic. In addition, in the neighbor topic there is a photo of the desired connector. Cheer up!)))

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What you mean i make everyone laugh????!!!what you mean my photo does not exist??? What you mean crankshaft sensor does not exist???Cant you see the two photos i posted? What the heck are you talking about?? If you dont understand my question then read again what i wrote... maybe you will understand if you read slowly

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why are you trying to make a fool of me????

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you cant help me with a proper answer then dont reply and mock me i dont appreciate that!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
oooooh))

I communicate with you through Google translator, there may be problems of understanding, both with us and the translator may not understand me)))

The crankshaft sensor in the photo of Alahn:

As can be seen in the photo, it is possible to distinguish the sensor to be replaced by a revocable campaign by the sealant on its contact group. Not at the points on the cable glands and / or marks on the connector.

In any case, I would not trust the markings / tags / points on the cable. You can find out clearly by opening the clutch cover. Everything will be visible there by the sensor.

If everything is in order and the sensor has already been replaced earlier, then it will cost one clutch cover gasket.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ok Freeeeze sorry then i apologise for misunderstanding.... yeah i can see how google translator can stuff up and cause problems... anyway yes i will ask the Yamaha dealer who is going to do the recall job to first open the clutch cover to check if sensor is new one or old one. If old one i hope i can convince them to use the snake method because i dont want them to open up half my bike with their factory method because i worry then i will get loose pulley problem later maybe. But if they insist on doing factory method i will tell them to tighten pully nut to 125 pounds torque not only 75 pounds like it says in the factory instruction manual

·
Registered
380 Posts
An interesting fact is that the sensor of the old version, which must be replaced, may seem to be in order, and not show any errors. But its glitches will appear anyway.

That is, if the sensor's contacts under the clutch cover without sealant - replace it. If with sealant, replace the gasket, close the cover and you're done.

And yes, tell them the method without disassembling half of the bike. Perhaps they will discover something new for themselves))

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone have any idea if they recall covered the 2003 model year?

I have a low mileage 03' with what I believe is a bad pickup coil.

·
Administrator
28,588 Posts
Hello Avalanche, from your other recent posts, you have the Road Star 1600, which is a carburated bike, isn't it? Anyway, its different from the Road Star Warrior. I dont have a 1600 in my garage to compare.

If you are in the USA then you can phone Yamaha USA in California at 800-962-7926 and ask to confirm if a recall has been done. You should write down the VIN from the frame neck, don't trust the paperwork to be correct.

Anyone have any idea if they recall covered the 2003 model year?

I have a low mileage 03' with what I believe is a bad pickup coil.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts